1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 Silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Sep 19, 2020.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Roberts to Ducati

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Reading today that Rabat is gone from Avintia with Marini taking his spot for 2021.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

For 2022?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Couldn't find the 2021 silly season thread. 2021.

5. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

VR46 paid a steep price for that seat - their entire Moto3 setup - bikes, tooling, etc... plus cashola and sponsorship. Seems a lot for a guy thats pulling a Rinaldi (flashes of brilliance yet fades to mediocrity).

Nepotism at it's best LOL...

BigBird likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wasn't VR46 pulling out of moto3 anyways?

7. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

That probably depends on where he finishes compared to Cam. It'll be interesting to see if Beaubier lives up to all the hype and how Roberts does in a different team but with a year of experience under his belt.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lorenzo to Aprilia for 2021 is the rumor from Germany today. Test rider and wild cards, Taking Smith's job.

9. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

So you are saying that they want to finish even worse?

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Joe has 3 years in Moto2 and hopefully he is consistently a threat for the podium.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ouch...old Horhay has really fallen from grace here.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

'Trying to sign' Lorenzo isn't much of a slam dunk...

He would be a good development rider but seems to have lost a bit of his standing with the last Portimao tests.

Going to Aprilia would kill all brand ambassadorship at Yamaha but:
    1. He isn't much of an ambassador
    2. Yamaha is pretty well equipped in ambassador.

Somehow, (closing the loop) it may reinforce Yamaha's position of not letting him run the 2020 bike at Portimao...

BigBird likes this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I think Lorenzo has a long past history with Aprilia. Didnt he win a lot of 125 and 250 races for them? I thought I remember that.
    Plus his development is the main reason why the yamaha was so razor sharp for so long.

Once they stopped getting Rossi shitty directions... Now they got Rossi again and they cant get it work.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, he road for Aprilia (and Derbi which is an aprilia with different stickers on it in 125s) for quite a few years and got a lot of wins and I think 2 championships for them in two-five-zeros.

16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i wish Suzuki still had Maverick Viñales

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I bet Vindaloo wishes he never left Suzuki. I doubt suzuki gives a rat's ass, they seemed to be doing just fine without him. :D

"Hey Maverick! Maverick! How you like your Yamaha? We offered you a long term contract but you left. We'd sign you but. . . F@ck yoooooouuuuu!" :D

ShadowBoxer, Seiko and RRP like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

pretty sure he's receiving more $$ making pianos than the GSX-RRRRR was paying

19. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

2 things - Curious if Patronas is running Yamalube in the bikes or their own oil.

2nd - Luca Marini is Rossi's illegitimate child involved in a cover up from when Rossi got his GF pregnant when he was 19 and that's why he's pushing so hard for Luca's career. Them having the same mother is a conspiracy to hide the fact mentioned earlier that Luca is his son.

MachineR1 likes this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Conspiracists should be shot.

They're all repressed paedophiles, or so I've heard...