1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

Where there late entries of a 750?

'Cause this article says:
    With today being the final day for entries in the Daytona 200, an early look at the entry list doesn’t show a single Suzuki GSX-R750, but there are several Suzuki GSX-R600s and a whole bunch of Yamaha YZF-R6s. Along with, of course, Josh Herrin aboard a Supersport-legal Warhorse HSBK Racing Ducati NYC Panigale V2. And, there are also a few other surprises that we aren’t ready to reveal just yet.

2. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Where can you find the entry list

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I just did a search in "Competitor Info" on the MotoAm website and don't see anything yet

4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Soo yall talking about the future of the supersport class has me wondering something. Why dosnt MotoAmerica switch to a moto 2 class? Wouldn't that be a great way to help the riders develop and gain the experience they want to chase that GP dream?? It seems to have done wonders for Spain and there ability to produce riders.

backbone, evakat and GNC like this.
  5. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

$$$

henry_carlson and stk0308 like this.
  6. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

I saw that on the website previously which seemed strange to prohibit motorcycles from tent camping area but that is for the car races. Just got off the phone with DIS and motorcycles are allowed in the tent camping area for bike week and the 200 which was one of my main concerns.

lightning97 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  7. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

You don't see 750's entered because the bike literally just got approved last week. Besides M4, I doubt any privateers have been able to test a 750 with the spec ECU.

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

There would be like 4 dudes out there

I think they have it in Europe or just Spain, but even then, not everyone on the grid was on a Moto2, more than half of the bikes were regular 600s.

Would be pretty much impossible for someone to go from club racing the Moto2 riding at MotoAmerica.

henry_carlson likes this.
  9. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Can a racer use a stock ecu?

10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I have no idea of the numbers: what is the rated HP of a stock GSXR750 vs. a built R6?

11. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

All Next Gen bikes in the class must use the spec ECU.

600’s are free

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

a couple years ago a 200 legal R6 on MR12 was good for ~140 hp/52 ft lbs.
    I would imagine a SS prepped 750 would be at a noticeable mechanical advantage in hp/tq on the same fuel all other things equal on the banking. (weight, fuel load, & aeros)

13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The ECU isn't the issue, RBW is.

cav115 likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sorry, what is RBW?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

What's the cost? I can't seem to figure it out from their web page.

[added] Found it. Infield tent camping is $10/night.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Ride by wire. The Suzuki 600/750 is still analog. Suzuki was real late to the party, even on the big bike.

The RBW part, I think, is the logjam. But it's a bunch of "I think" and none of "I know."

If you look at the homologation stuff, BSD out of the UK has been tasked with the job and Hammer/M4/RRW is the US port of call.

Nothing I just said is fact and all pure speculation. I think Hammer will run GSXR600s because it's a proven package and just run the show the way they always have. Maybe? It's what I would do, but I'm just guessing.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I wonder could you start the season on a GSXR600 and then switch to a GSXR750 mid-season and keep your points from the 600?
    Run the 600 and work out the kinks on the 750 in the background until the 750 is ready.

18. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Didnt Paasch get to keep all his points from the Celtic R6 team when he tried out the ZX6R later in the 2020 season? Or are you talking about team/constructors points?

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

yes he did and jackson blackmon did too when he got the new r7 last year in twins

20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yeah I am not sure if any other of the next gen bikes dont have ride by wire. But the one for the 750 doesnt seem to be ready for prime time yet.
    upload_2022-2-25_7-48-1.png

E Reed likes this.