1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’ll wait until I see the Attack bikes on track... that’s a mock up pic imo...

remember they marketed the bike for world sale and probably had to meet some specs even for track based bikes maybe?

2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I think it is a flux capacitor - super duper, extra special performance enhancer.

Cheers,

Dave

Gino230 and 27 like this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

4. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I dont think the electronics will be ready in time. Team Hammer is working on homologating them and will be the supplier. If anyone will run one would be them.

6. grasshopper

The 750 will have to run the stock ECU right? My understanding is that Moto America is going to require "control ECUs". Am i correct on this assumption? Only mention of the 750 in the rulebook right now is regarding rev limits and weight.

7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

No, my understanding is that it will need to run a Spec control ECU

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

9. tmac94

tmac94 Active Member

To me, this reads as though, currently, the next gen bikes are allowed to us OEM electronics:

"The complete electronics system must be either:
    • For 2022:
      • i. National series’ current kit or OEM electronics See art 2.5.9.1
      • ii. Next generation Supersport Control Electronics System. See art 2.5.9.2
    • For 2024: i.
      • Next generation Supersport Control Electronics System. See art 2.5.9.2 2.5.9.1
    If using a kit or OEM system: (Current Homologations until 2024)..."

10. tmac94

tmac94 Active Member

2.5.9.3 says IF using...

Based on the previous regulation, that suggests the FIM ECU isn't compulsory until 2024

11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The original idea was that the Next Gen bikes have ECU maps that can be torque or rev limited in stock form. If they can't, then the control ECU would be required. Thus MA can control the output of the Next Gen SS bikes directly and immediately. The IF part is for the other SS bikes- R6, etc. that can continue running last year's ECU for 2022-23.

Disclaimer: I haven't read the rulebook since it was first published, I don't ride that class and I don't know if there's been any changes.

rafa likes this.
  12. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

Looking at riding down for the race and tent camping at the track. Been to Daytona for other motorcycle races but never the 200 and never camped there. Anything to know about the camping situation/setup, etc?

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

14. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Can you make a class more confusing or stupid ?

backbone, Itey, Senna and 4 others like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Get out of my head!

Minutiae out the ying yang.

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

With only one manufacturer making a 600cc bike (the new R6 is race only) what are they supposed to do? Seriously interested in what your suggestion would be.

condon66 and stk0308 like this.
  17. grasshopper

Jim, think outside the box a little and look at the big picture

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Maybe this could be the move away from street homologation. It doesn’t seem like win on Sunday, sell on Monday is a thing in the US anymore.

If supersports aren’t selling, I don’t see high cc supersport twins or 750 I4s suddenly starting to sell better either because they started racing them in the SuperSport class.

The Todd and 5axis like this.
  19. grasshopper

What is the Daytona Supersport Time Attack and Daytona Supersport Alternate Main?

upload_2022-2-23_16-4-13.png

20. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Maybe a separate qualifying and race for the +110% (or whatever the D200 cutoff is) club?