1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Vintage Motorcycle Days

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, May 17, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Sean,
    Mid-Ohio says they won't sell tickets at the gate this year - pre-buy only. Do you have any intel on if that applies to race entrants as well? If someone doesn't pre-buy a VMD ticket, they can't get in?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue but I'll work on that - I have a feeling as Ohio eases up on the stupid it'll change too, pre sales is justa good way to track how many people can get onto the property to meet the older restrictions.

5. Mark Badillo

Mark Badillo Well-Known Member

While reading the race outline it looks like Friday practice is an additional fee. Didnt see that when I preregistered on MAPS. Went back this morning to check that and got this message.
    Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400'

Expected statement

/maps.online/shared/functions_email.asp, line 133

END function

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damnit, tried to fix something and broke something else :crackup: Gimme a sec and it should work.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Try it now.

8. Mark Badillo

Thanks Mongo,
    I printed out the AMA Meet Guidelines and found a big difference in their entry fee info. Their registration section say pre entry is 90.00 for the first and 80.00 for the second entry each day. That is a total of 340.00 for both days in two classes. I paid 460.00 for both days through MAPS. The amount is not an issue for us, it is the difference in the info that is a little confusing. Friday practice is 150.00 for each competitor entered, not each bike. That makes sense because I can only ride one of our two bikes at a time in practice on Friday. Thanks again, for helping herd all of us needy little cats!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our program was messed up sorry, I'll be doing refunds as soon as I get a chance. Someone changed some code for the GNF and totally forgot about it, the dummy has been properly chastised...

Friday practice no matter how it's worded is basically for one group/block of time. If your two bikes are in the same group, all good get them both teched as you can only ride one at a time. If they're in mutliple groups then you'll either need to buy a second group or you'll have to get one through tech for the morning then have tech take off that sticker and tech the other one for the afternoon or the like. We've tried trusting people but sadly it has never worked out.

10. Mark Badillo

Thanks for the help and the Friday practice heads up! See you at Mid-Ohio.

11. Mark Badillo

Just a heads up Mongo, I have received between 7 and 10 payment acknowledge receipts for each of my entries. Not sure if those are all MAPS generated, but they are coming in 2 or three a day. Dont think I am being charged separately for all of those transactions. Once again, thanks to you and Evelyn for all the support.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, paypal and our site are acting like bitches to each other generating those, the entries are all fine. No extra charges or the like, working on it yet again right now....

13. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Has anyone bought admission tickets yet? Vintage days website says for competitors to call the AMA for tickets,they seem not to know about it.I got transferred and left a message,will update if I hear anything.

14. Mark Badillo

Bought 3 day general admission tickets through the Mid-Ohio ticket website two weeks ago.

15. Mark Badillo

Just spoke with AMA and they are going to edit that reference on the website. They do not provide tickets.

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  16. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I think I heard that you can only be admitted to the road race pit area with the correct credentials. Will that be a specific wristband? Also a helper is coming for me but he is driving separately. I assume he parks in general parking. How does he get the right wristband if he's not riding in with me?
    I could meet him in the parking lot and he ride in with me if need be.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure the same credentials will get you into the paddock - main thing is you will NOT be able to get into the track until 5pm Thursday if you are not pre entered. I'll be doing an email with info that you will have to show at the gate to be able to get in prior to 5.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A note to all AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days racers - if you want to get in and set up prior to 5pm on Thursday you MUST be pre entered! An email will be going out to all pre entered riders that you will need to show at the gate to be able to get in before 5pm. All roadracers will be entering the track through Gate 3 as usual. The gates will open at 9am for those who have pre entered. Pre entry will be closing on Sunday night at midnight for all VMD days to make sure we can get this all handled prior to traveling up for the event.

19. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Thanks Mongo!

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator