1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NHL Hockey Season

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Dec 4, 2020.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Did some checking and ends up he's just a pseudo-Rangers fan, simply because his son is best friends with Jimmy Vesey and Vesey played for the Rangers from 16-19. Mr. Southie still bleeds Bruins Black & Gold.

2. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

2000-03, Ontario Provincial League. I had a blast living and playing with the Trenton Sting outside of Belleville. At the time, no idea the “Birthplace of Canadian Motorcycle Champions” was right down the road! Good’ol Shannonville.

Ducti89 likes this.
  3. rd400racer

Did you ever play at Centennial Rec Centre in Scarborough? My son trained there...damn nice rink.

4. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Didn’t make it there. Most were old “shoebox” rinks in places like Bancroft, Peterborough, Port Hope, Lindsay, and Wellington. Good times!

rd400racer likes this.
  5. rd400racer

Have you seen the documentary Flin Flon: A Hockey Town. Great look into the obsession of hockey in Canada and what these kids go through to make it up the ladder.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7006658/

grasshopper likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For some reason, without the fans in the arenas, hockey is missing that spark that makes it so much fun to watch.

Supercross was miserable to watch with the empty stadium. :(

lee955i likes this.
  7. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Agreed, they need to pump in some more noise in the barns with no fans. Nashville's 1st fish had a mask:crackup:

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Watched it the other night. Kinda boring and I fell asleep about 3/4 of the way through it. LOL

rd400racer likes this.
  9. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Good God, can anyone explain to me why commentators slobber all over Connor McDavid? If i was that much of a fan boi, I'd have tendinitis. I know McDavid is fast and gets a ton of points but cant one make the same case for Draisaitl? Ok, hes not as fast as McDavid but hes been more crucial in crunch times than Connor, no?

10. rd400racer

I watched that game last night...I see what you mean. Although they were slobbing pretty good on Matthews too.

I will say that I was shocked by how good Jack Hughes played Tuesday night against my Rangers. I watched the draft when Jersey picked him and was more than happy we got Kakko simply because Hughes looked like a skinny little runt. He sure showed the Blueshirts that he can play. Downright embarrassed them.

11. Ducti89

Yeah, Matthews too, even tho I think John Tavarese makes that chemistry work. And Mariner works his nuts off.

Was that the Devils/Rangers game or recent?

If so ill sit and watch it.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. rd400racer

Yeah, it was this past Tuesday's game. The Jersey newspapers even said maybe the kid (Hughes) isn't a bust after all.

Ducti89 likes this.
  13. Ducti89

Awesome. Ill Boobtube it later!

rd400racer likes this.
  14. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yep, last year he looked like a lost child on the ice. This year he looks completely different, and Blackwood has been playing great!. Looking forward to when my boys meet the Isles tonight!

rd400racer likes this.
  15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

McDavid is unreal, he’s the best player in the league and has been since he was drafted. I didn’t watch the game so maybe the announcers were overdoing it, but if anyone deserves the praise it’s that kid.

16. Ducti89

Yeah buy if Draisaitl was feeding him, he wouldnt have the stats. Didnt Draisaitl top McDavid in points last year?

17. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Draisaitl is really good, but he played more games to get those points and is nowhere near the player McDavid is, he’s just lucky to be on the same line as the best player of our generation.

18. Ducti89

I need to watch more Oilers games.

19. Ducti89

Anyone here have NHL.tv?

Our cable provider blows. I have the Blazetv for news. All i need is the nhl to hold me over.

Any users?

20. IronCactus

IronCactus Well-Known Member

I have it. It’s great. You can cast it to appletv/roku/firetv etc so you can watch it big. Local team games will blacked out.