1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

It really doesn’t matter, since the Steelers beat the Shitbirds. In fact, since the Steelers won’t make the playoffs, beating the Shitbirds is the highlight of the season. And as always the only numbers that matter is 6 > 2. Lol.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Pretty sure he has a cannon of an arm, just that he is in a $hit playbook offense with 5'4 wide receivers

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It's always fun when you go there with that...because that's all you have left.

Did the black and piss yellow hold up a championship after only 5 years in the league?

OH yeah....it took 41 years. OK...you win.

And, Why does TJ Watt do the Ray Lewis squirrel dance when he makes a play? Copy-Cat much?

4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Pissy because your boys lost, eh?

5. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Let us have this.

Sabre699, HPPT, BigBird and 3 others like this.
  6. StaccatoFan

No...they got what they deserved.

They played the last place team in the Division, and they played like a last place team in the Division.

Going for 2 at the end was the dumbest call I've seen all year.

LaMar's trying too hard...holding on the ball for too long hoping 5 and 89 get open downfield.

Bateman's completely under utilized in the offense.

And on defense, Queen is unable to stand his ground in the run game because he's too small and often is out of position in the pass.
    Williams and Campbell may be on the waning end of their best years as well. Campbell is a great leader, and always will be....but his BIG
    body may be showing the mileage of ~14 seasons in the NFL.

They're a much better team than John Haubaugh prepares them to be. They will go toe to toe with Green Bay, LA, beat the Chargers handily, New England, Tampa
    and Arizona.....then a week later lay an egg like tonight, Detroit or Miami.

And the BIGGEST mistake I think DeCosta made so far as GM was letting Orlando Brown go to KC, because I don't think Ronnie Stanley's ankle is going to let him play again.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

NFL offenses better watch out for Chicago's new standout defender. Andy Dalton made two tackles yesterday which matched his number of TD passes.

dtalbott likes this.
  8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I disagree. Steelers had a little momentum rolling and the Ravens really had nothing to lose by going for it. I do agree that Lamar is trying to do too much but he'll be fine. Been watching him since he was a freshman. It's actually the only reason I'm a Ravens fan now.

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  9. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I think he is much like most typical running QB's. One read then panic or run. I seen at least three plays where he shoved a ball into a tight window for a incompletion meanwhile Andrews running across the middle wide open. His vision sucks, but those legs make up for so many deficiencies.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

holy shit, they did. I had to run out after the Steelers stopped the 2 point conversion and there was like 18 seconds on the clock and I figured “no way.” Until you posted I thought they lost. :crackup:

But hey, since they beat the Ravens. . . Suck on that d zum! :D

BigBird likes this.
  11. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

after this weekends games it had me thinking about which nfl teams will never win a superbowl, never mind getting to one, winning one. used to think the list was just one team, the browns but ive added another - the vikings, i can see detroit and j’ville and even the jets winning one before either of those two teams, just something about them . they stink from the top all the way down.

12. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

It's actually quite refreshing to hear a Raven's fan complain about something other than the refs for their loss. Normally it's everyone else's fault for their loss. However, the Ravens defense played well for the most part. The Ravens offense did enough, but Lamar's inefficiency throwing the ball is what lost the game.

If Lamar is under pressure he makes bad decisions. Miami pressured him relentlessly and they won. Pittsburgh blitzed more than normal last night, which helped. Lamar is great with his feet, probably better than 90% of the league. His hands and head are what get him in trouble.

The Steelers O- line needs to improve as well as their run defense. They will most likely not make the playoffs this year, but that's ok.

13. StaccatoFan

They won’t make the playoffs for quite some time. They didn’t have an effective succession plan in place at the most important position like GB, Baltimore, SF, the Chargers and others have had once their Wiley veteran qb is getting into year 12 or more. Bruce Arians developed Ben. He’s long moved on. Ben hasn’t done anything that mattered in 12 years. He’s as good as Flacco now. Actually Flacco is more recently relevant. He won a Lombardi in the last decade and the game MVP. Don’t think Ben has any MVP trophies at home for anything. His running game won his rings.

Free Agency is a band aid at best. And a salary cap killer.

Im not sure the ravens make the playoffs. Marlon is out now. So both the starting corners are probably done. The whole backfield is out for the year. I think the ravens have every bed at the surgical recovery ward filled. The rehab team is busy. Don’t see them beating Green Bay or the Rams. Cleveland always plays them tough no matter what. And I think the best and healthiest team is Cincy. I think Cincy wins the division.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Tom Brady is not all that impressive either when you take away his throwing. :D

BigBird, rd400racer, mpusch and 4 others like this.
  15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Unlike the other teams you list, the Jets have won a Superbowl.
    The Browns and Lions do have four league Championships each, just none since the Superbowl started up. Cleveland actually has 5 if you add in the 1924 Cleveland Bulldogs.

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm nervous about which Bills team will show up tonight. Weather looks miserable with high winds and will probably be a factor.

17. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Good to see Michigan win on Saturday as well. Scoring 42 points to boot!

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Buffalo and New England are two teams that could give fuck all about weather.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I didn't say they gave a fuck. I said it would be a factor. :Poke:

BigBird likes this.
  20. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

i should have said the “jets will win another before the vikings and browns” my dad was at sb3. my point is the browns and vikings will never win a sb.