1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, he is a partner.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Going out with a win. Well done.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

henry_carlson likes this.
  4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Looks like Honos is a major sponsor of the American Racing Moto 2 team, thats pretty cool imo

5. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard of Honos before this year. They seem like a small clothing company, do they have any other product lines? Sponsoring race teams is a great way to get exposure, but without the subsequent revenue to keep themselves in the black, it won't be long lived. I haven't seen any people around the paddock's wearing Honos gear, granted the under armor stuff is hidden most of the time.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

OK, I'll admit I didn't know what a "HONOS" was. At first I thought they slyly substituted a N for a M. When I looked at their website I was sure I was right. Alas, I was wrong....not by much. Some sort of Greek God thing.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just think of the time Roberts left his at home when the number of crew was restricted. If my memory is correct worst showing all year (ignoring a bin it when he was running well prior)

8. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

if i was laundering cartel money a clothing brand and sponsoring riders/teams/awholeassseries would be a good way to do it

Dragginass likes this.
  9. koth442

How would they take the money in? Money laundering works by setting up a cash business with minimal accountability for how much cash *actually* came in. Like an old school coin operated laundromat.

Race teams put money out for the most part. Even selling gear at events for "cash" wouldn't suffice to bring in the hundreds of thousands for all these sponsorships. Maybe it would serve as a tax shelter for "charitable donations" and there's a bunch being skimmed off the top?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I don't see it. But maybe that's why I'm an engineer and not an accountant for a cartel.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

What is business like in Mexico? Also maybe South America? Don't know enough about them to call it but the drug laundering thing is kind of silly.
    Cartel: we need to launder these millions
    Accountant: I have this thing to do it that will put you on national television and gain you a worldwide audience for your illegal scheme
    Cartel: I am in :beer:

badmoon692008 and 5axis like this.
  11. henry_carlson

I have no clue about the carte or other lines of income, I do believe they have been around the paddock for years under the name of HB racing.

12. henry_carlson

Brainard to possibly replace COTA if needed

Maxwell Toth was on the SuperBikeTrackGear/RoadRacingWorld Twins Cup bike this past weekend, maybe he'll take that over in two season as I dont think he is old enough (14 years old)

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I wonder why COTA is off the schedule now? Same with Indy. Isn't MotoGP still (tentatively) coming in April? If GP won't be there, MA should run the short circuit with its regular support classes.

I also saw the USA is missing from wsbk calendar too. What gives?

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

We've been shunned.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stupid levels of money for COTA so if they're not paying MA to be there it doesn't make sense. Not worth it for WSB to come to the states especially with covid paranoia. Not sure what's up with Indy.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

USA was MIA for 2020 also.

Senna likes this.
  17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I'm guessing 3 riders on the world stage is enough exposure now so Dorna is subliminally hinting for us to STFU and be happy with that hence, no US rounds.

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  18. k_cotter

k_cotter Well-Known Member

Welp, per PJ's IG, he doesn't have a ride for 2021. That's super lame.

stk0308 and henry_carlson like this.
  19. koth442

Booooo!!!!!

20. henry_carlson