1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. -Eric-

-Eric- Well-Known Member

Italtrans had a private test at Jerez. Thursday and Friday there are multiple moto2 teams there including Cam B. and the American racing team.

younglion likes this.
  2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Same test as with wsbk?

Yeah I saw Joe Roberts with his new bike and a few others that moved up from Moto 3 to Moto 2 riding their new bikes. I just figured it was a test

The Great One and stk0308 like this.
  3. TX Joose

I just saw on Cam B Instagram stort that he's there and they already got the bike kitted with stickers. Caught a glimpse of Zemke there too

Circacee likes this.
  4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

This is what we're thinking of. Joe's posting. May not have been an official Moto2 test. Seems the track was available, though, after the race.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'd like to know how Americans are gaining entry into EU countries. Because I want some of that action.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I believe you can do it for business.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm just not seeing that anywhere.

From Skyscanner:

Are the exemptions?
    Yes. For non-EU citizens from a country not listed above (like Americans), there are exemptions from the restrictions for what’s been deemed essential travel. This includes students, healthcare professionals, passengers in transit, some family members (“passengers travelling for imperative family reasons”), among others. Each country defines its own specific criteria for who qualifies for essential travel.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry, I didn't realize that the US was still on the shit list. My bad. And I probably confused business and essential travel anyway.

9. TX Joose

I don't even think Canada is letting us in. Mexico is probably the only place and you have to go by air IIRC

10. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

The "among others" statement at the end seems like intentional ambiguity. "Incoming MotoGP racer" is probably good enough for an exemption in an EU country, and I'm sure Dorna would lend a helping hand if they hit any roadblocks.

Circacee likes this.
  11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Whereas Rossi Stalker, probably not. :D

5axis and motion like this.
  12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup: Not even when Rossi was somebody.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dragginass likes this.
  15. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

cam and robert’s IG both with pics of them with their new bikes... testing the next two days. should be rad!

koth442 likes this.
  16. Not really just motorcycle related, there is a very large cost is support staff to run all the super bike stuff properly, data / programming being a large part of that.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Isn't the data guy usually the highest paid dude on a team? Maybe it has changed but they used be expensive.

18. Yes usually and mainly is because good ones are worth their weight in gold and hard to come by. ECU strategies can be quite complex on how you for example deliver power, dial it in and out along with other variables like the riders style, track conditions, etc. It’s a lot easier to get it wrong than right if you don’t know what you are doing. We’ve seen that more than a few times publicly, RoadRace Factory debacle comes to mind for me.

YamahaRick likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I saw today that Guy Coulon is stepping down as a crew chief. :eek: Staying on with the team (isn't he part owner?) in a different role.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

He's probably going over to Petronas :D