1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Supersport 600 or 636?

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Didn't somebody say he was testing an M4 600 at a club event recently, or was that someone else? I wonder if he'll get invited back to the RBR program for a second year.

3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I would guess an M4 bike. They’d be silly not to sign him and from there, Rocco could target Stock 1000 or Moto2. It would be a smart move.

4. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

That was Paasch on the M4 bike at Barber.

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Rocco will be too young for stock 1000 in 2021. He can doo 600 and/or twins again.

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If the Rookies Cup abides by its usual pattern, there will be a different token American in the series next season. Are any American kids confirmed for the try outs? Even Americans who do well there end up coming home to work their way through the ranks. I'm sure I've already said this a thousand times, but the Cup is not really a good investment for our kids. If only our national version had survived!

7. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Was there ever a reason given as to why Rocco didn't race the last few rounds of the RBRC? I know he had issues getting Covid testing so did Laguna instead but what about the last round(s) after that?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd bet quarantines getting into Europe.

9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

What usual pattern? JD Beach, Jake Gagne, Joe Roberts and SDK all spent multiple years in the cup.

The cup is a fantastic investment for riders. The problem is that too many people think the red carpet should be rolled out for our riders if they do well in the cup, whereas it is really just a springboard. You still need backing to move up the ranks beyond the rookies cup.

Look at the list of champions and what they've gone on to accomplish. Even though Beach and Gagne didn't continue on the world stage, they came back here and dominated. It's hard to argue that the Red Bull Rookies Cup didn't contribute to their successes.

Gino230, racerx13 and ducnut like this.
  10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I was talking about the 2022 season after he races the 600 class next year. I was just saying the 600 gives a nice on ramp to either stock 1000 or Moto2.

11. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

anyone else see the subtle post Paasch made on insta? he shared a post from someone else who posted a photo with him saying what seems to be he signed with M4 for supersport

12. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

missed it.. Don't see it on his story.

13. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Yeah Rocco on the M4 makes for an interesting year

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Unless I missed it, nothings been confirmed for SDK yet has it?

15. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I believe hes trying to make his way back to Europe.

16. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

If he returns to Hammer on the 600 and has Rocco as a team mate I foresee a frosty garage atmosphere the first time the kid outperforms him.

Team managers dream though - two young and talented racers looking to get noticed. Just hope they have great sponsorship for spare bodywork.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the weekend of Laguna was the last race for RBRC. They don't do the full schedule, just like MotoE.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He was second in line for a world supersport seat and the first pick took it, so I believe he is in limbo

19. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

They just did a Valencia this weekend. No Rocco. I was in Lees Cycle Monday and Roccos 400 was in there had the motor pulled for rebuild.

younglion likes this.
  20. bugeye

bugeye Well-Known Member

I think it's crazy he can't run stock 1000. He is faster on a twin vs some of the guys on 1000's.
    Maybe somebody with more knowledge can give a good explanation. I'm aware of the age parameters.