1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Endurance Season

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Hyperdyne, Jan 7, 2021.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Hey @Mongo ... is there any chatter about qualifications for entering any specific class this year? Like “EXPERT ONLY” or qualifying times?

2. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

What is this "EXPERT ONLY" class you speak of?

Rising Sun likes this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Me and Tray Batey kissed via air pressure in the middle of the attitudes during my first WERA endurance in 2008. Good times.

JBall and Rising Sun like this.
  4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Didn’t say there WAS one, just wondering if there was going to be any qualification as such. Since there’s a nominal monetary prize pool attached to the series I’d be surprised if there weren’t an influx of higher profile riders into the fray. As an entry level team, I’d like to know if there’s going to be some standardization of who can or can not make the grid.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? No.

rcarson15 and Rising Sun like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While the purse rocks it doesn't come close to making it profitable for fast teams, just more affordable, it's not going to attract a ton of fast guys looking for a payday.

Rising Sun and Bburns912 like this.
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Not looking for a payday but looking to have some fun. I know of 3 former factory sbk riders that will be gridding up.

JJJerry and pjzocc like this.
  8. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Yeah it’ll be “fun” getting passed by those guys. There’s definitely going to be quite the gap from the podium to the rest of the field!

9. Rising Sun

Rising Sun Well-Known Member

I have it on good authority that Marquez is coming out this year to compete.

There will be an announcement soon. I can say no more.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Sounds like some solid club racing.

11. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

You should come watch a few rounds...:Poke:

tdelegram likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes, if you have money and a road race license.......C’mon aboard.......just like any other WERA, AFM, CCS, CVMA, etc round.

Rising Sun likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You mean WERA racers who ran pro for a bit... :D

Rising Sun likes this.
  14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Taylor has been running with Borello's team for a couple of years. Who are the other two?

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think this is what you are asking, I don’t know who Taylor or borello are?
    AFM club in Nor cal
    CVMA club in S. Cal

16. tdelegram

I am hearing strong rumors of R Hayden, J Hayes, Andrew Lee, Hayden Gilliam and a surprise rider under a team mentioned above?

tawzx12r likes this.
  17. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You thought you had a chance winning even if they wouldn't show up? :Poke:

rcarson15 likes this.
  18. tdelegram

I used to think winning was beating you John, but I stopped picking on retards in grade school.

19. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Good to hear...self-mutilation not a pretty thing...

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  20. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Thinks he and his gang might put together a LWT team to pick "low-hanging" fruit, only to end even further back :D

Rising Sun and JJJerry like this.