1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Yamaha R6 throttle question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Itey, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

I have a 2020 R6. The throttle has more play in it than I like. Is it adjustable to get the "slop" out of the throttle cable? If so, how?

Thank you for any information

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Your throttle cables should have adjusters on them. Follow the cable from the throttle tube. The adjusters have little ridges on them.

3. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

It has a cable adjustment about 6" from the grip. It appears to be extended all the way out though. Is there an adjustment where it connects at the motor? Its all covered by the airbox.

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

No. The only adjustment is what you've found. The throttle bodies are a fixed attachment point. It's possible the cable is stretched, but unlikely on a 2020 machine.

5. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

I dont think it has stretched, Im not 100% sure it is stock as it is a built race bike that I purchased from someone else. The bike only has 1700 miles on it.

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Isn't cable play still locknut adjustable at the APS, or is it electronic like the R1 on the 2020 R6? Sorry, haven't seen a 2020.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If there is a adjustment in that year r6 I would be very careful adjusting it, if you've never done it before or aren't very mechanical

8. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

buy a Graves throttle tube if you're racing. Much improved over the stock one and you'll want to adjust the cables anyways

9. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

My 17 has the same throttle slop, there is no traditional adjustment at the throttle end, there only fixed cables. I will be tearing apart the bike soon, but more likely the adjustment would be at the throttle bodies themselves.

10. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

there is an adjuster on the top throttle cable about 6" from the grip

ibidu1 likes this.