1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 WERA season.

Discussion in 'General' started by Razors Edge, Aug 19, 2019.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

And can you have the GNF at Putnam!

E Reed likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On that note - why weren't you at Grattan?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Main reason is after being there last month and watching the CCW stuff along with talking to Sublet, I/we don't like the runoff in some turns as much as I/we do CW. They're not too dangerous to race at or we'd have just swapped directions right then but they're not as good as the other way - and since we can run the other way it seems silly not to do so. It seems as if about half the racers like both direction, of the other half it's evenly split between preferring CCW and CW - however some of the CW riders will not race CCW, that isn't the same for the CCW riders so yes, CW seems to pull more riders (not this year but that was mother nature).

I am hoping for 2, I am going to try and change the second date somewhat to not be against AHRMA at Gingerman, just couldn't avoid it this year. The boss may shoot me down but I'm hoping reminding her of the rain will help my argument although we still lost money in the dry.

R/T Performance likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7:27 AM is either really early or really late to be that drunk :crackup:

Shenanigans, TLR67 and E Reed like this.
  5. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Has NCM remained a "never-gonna-happen" scenario?

I know this has come up before but I never got a clear picture as to the main pitfalls. I know it's pricey, but I think its location being reasonably accessible from GA, TN, AL, KY, OH, IN would have some spectacular turnout. The modified 19-turn trackday layout seems to mitigate a lot of the sketchiness of the full course, and unless I am way off base I believe there is airfence on site.

I've experienced one of (not the only) arguably "worst case" scenarios there - getting hit from behind at the apex of T5 and getting sent into the wall. Very fast section. The bike hit the ARMCO and hit it hard, but I never got close. Only said that to say that I get it, there are some less than ideal situations. 4-5-6 and 16-17 are dicey.

Just wondering if it's that, or an unknown attendance against a steep rental factor... or both? Geographically it seems like a perfect situation.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not a never but I'm still getting conflicting reports so I have to see it for myself. Also for next year in a position due to mother nature this year to gamble on it but I would absolutely love to race there in the future.

RRP, R/T Performance and TLR67 like this.
  7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

This retirement thing isn't all it is cracked up to be yet. I have way to much stuff to get caught up on around here before I can get to the track, but Grattan is one track that the wife likes, so we will get that for sure. I am still planning on the GNF, but we will see.

8. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I'll meet you there and help you decide. Would love to have 3 tracks underneath 4 hours driving time. I have several guys here, new riders, who would race nore often, due to such.

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

BUMP!
    Lol!!!

Sabre699 and Gorilla George like this.