1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 WERA season.

Discussion in 'General' started by Razors Edge, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Razors Edge

Razors Edge Banned

looking forward to the 2020 WERA season. Wondering if there will be more events and or tracks added in mid central ?

2. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Holy Cow! That is a good question but they're going to eat you alive with the comments!

3. Razors Edge

Razors Edge Banned

I remember when I first started racing WERA how many events and tracks they were. In 2019 only three tracks in mid central with less events. Was wondering what was in store for 2020 ‍♂️

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Well I remember 3 wave starts at Nelson’s when I first started. Guys were lined up at the exit of 13! It’s a money issue. Are you willing to subsidize the track rental fees and associated costs so that WERA doesn’t lose money? Evelynne and Sean are in business to make some kind of profit and not go bankrupt giving you 8 different race tracks to race on every year. I guarantee she would love to do that but it has to make sense for her business. The truth sucks and we all wish it was different but that’s the reality of racing.

5. Razors Edge

Razors Edge Banned

So based upon that analogy we can expect less in 2020 ? I know track days seem to be growing. Shouldn’t we see a steady flow of new racers. Seems there’s a glitch between Trackday to racing.
    Perhaps they feel it’s to costly.
    Just hoping 2020 has something good

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Le sigh....summit point...

rcarson15 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For Mid Central it's a slight possibility but probably nothing new in 2020. We are absolutely working on getting back to Summit, just have to get a viable date. No counter at Grattan, just clockwise. West coast I'd like to keep the same overall but we still need to see how the November Willow date turns out. Right now with the weather being such a huge hit early in the season we're looking more at just maintaining what we did this year with adding Nelson and some other moves and not gamble too much.

8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the 2020 schedule?

ekraft84 and rcarson15 like this.
  9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

This has to be a new record! :crackup:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

TLR67 and renegade17 like this.
  11. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

It was right there, it had to be done.

t11ravis and joec like this.
  12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yeah, I am trying to plan my vacation time.

YamahaRick likes this.
  13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Damn Retirees :rolleyes:

14. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Please say VIR will be in the cards next year!
    As a endurance round would be a bonus.

15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

August.
    A new record! :crackup:

16. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Low hanging fruit.

rcarson15 likes this.
  17. Razors Edge

Razors Edge Banned

I was hoping for another event fitted in either at Tally or barber. I’m guessing Nola or Jennings are out. I’m leaning more to Jennings.

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So we are going to have races at Blackhawk, IRP, and Wentzville next year!! Awesome, I can't wait.

19. rwdfun

rwdfun

What’s the reasoning? Only doing one Grattan in 2020? Is the CW better attended?

And when will you have the 2021 schedule posted:D

20. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

so just one grattan or two cw?