1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 R1

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The Canada market is about a tenth in size to the US and is struggling even worse the last time I looked at it

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

If GP teams were allowed to continue to use electronic suspension they wound absolutely be faster than what we currently use. IMO it should be legal in Moto GP

3. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or did the 44 guys tell the normal non-racer to buy an S1000RR or RSV4?

4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

That's been the same message for a while, since 2015?

5. I agree with that, if that is the direction street bikes are headed why not.

6. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

The stat that always shocks me when comparing CDN to US Sales figures is that we (Canada) are a smaller market for 2-wheelers than California. That's some perspective when comparing market size. We're 1/10th the population of the US but likely only 1/20th or more of the purchasing power for bikes.

I'd say overall we are mimicking the US in terms of WHAT TYPE of bike is selling though. 12-14 years ago, pre-2009 meltdown, 600SS bikes, literbikes, Harleys, and dirt bikes were the rage - selling like hotcakes. Now it's big ADV bikes, scooters, naked bikes, and Ninja 400/R3's. Liter bikes barely sell but dealers have to inventory them as part of their plan with the manufacturers, and only sell once year end or longer rebates are offered. 2 years ago I bought a brand new leftover '15 CBR1000RRRRRRR for $10,999 ($7,999USD) - $5500 off MSRP as it sat at my local dealership for 2+ years unsold and they only brought in 2 total - 1 sold the first year and the one I bought.

7. Sounds like the stage is being set for a McCormick and Spies dream team return. :D

cav115, ducnut and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  8. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

That would be the bomb...
    Funny stat... they both have the same still of riding, Elbows out ! :)

cav115 likes this.
  9. Yep. And they have the same style too. :D

cav115 likes this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

What's wrong with their still?

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Revenuers found it.

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Their still clearly shows their style.

13. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Were they headed down to Knoxville with the weekly load?

Did the Revenue man wanna grand daddy bad?

Was Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side?

14. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

better stay away from Copperhead Rd

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yamaha picked a damn good time to leave MA:D

cav115 likes this.
  17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Interesting how different the opinions are between US and Euro scribes. I wonder if it would be reversed had the intro be held at Laguna Seca.

18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Yes, and also that Michael Gilbert is currently a different level of rider vs the 44 guys. The 44 review mentioned how capable the bike is for elite riders. Nothing against Alastair he's the 1 who said it!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

The Cycle World bit sounded like a Yamaha commercial.

G 97 likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

“It really allowed me to feel the contact patch.” :crackup:
    I’m sorry.