1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 NFL season

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Mar 17, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No one has said yet that he's going to play, or even wants to. At least, not from what I heard yesterday. He's just been medically cleared. But I haven't read football news today.

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

He has definitely said he wants to play. That short production ESPN did on his injury is quite the story. I didn't know just how bad that injury was until watching that.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I haven't seen what you are referring to but they said at the time of his injury that it was pretty horrific.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Like, Theismann horrific?

I can't watch injury videos. Some schadenfreude freaks get off on that shit. Makes me ill in the guts.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Theismann was before I was introduced to football. But I have heard his injury mentioned in comparison.

And same thing with watching broken bones videos. I just can't.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...one-who-sees-it-will-feel-inspired-alex-smith
    If you have access to stream ESPN, look for "Project 11". Alex Smith was the QB for a college team I have no love for whatsoever, but always respected the intelligence and skill he has for the game. Then seeing how it went from "fix the break" to "oh shit, save his life" to "maybe he'll walk again, but no way he will play" to throwing the ball on the field. The will the man has is amazing. The skill the doctors have is amazing.

Speaking of Theismann, yes. Just as gruesome, similar fashion, same date, same team, same final score. Creepy.

7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

He was cleared by his doctors, team doctors put him on the physically unable to preform list. Meaning he can do small drills just not team drills.

8. henry_carlson

Yes same exact injury, however, Alex had dirt and grass in his wound when they did the surgery that they didnt clean out and he got an infection. At one point the doctors wanted to amputate!

9. henry_carlson

IDK if he wants to play but he sure as hell wants to collect his 16M he has due this year!