1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Information - Schedule/Rules/Whatever

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

95 900 SS , it will be a step up from clubman and GP500 that i have been able to get a few rounds in from late 2019 to present , It will be a year of new dynamics for me namely having to have use slicks and a generator for the tire warmers . cheers

2. Mark Badillo

Mark Badillo Well-Known Member

Been reading the rulebook closely. It appears that you can run lightweight twins super sport and superbike as long as you are in super sport trim?

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Yes sir

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

F2 is also an option.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What they said, you can also bump up to HW Twins.

6. Mark Badillo

Sort of off topic, I am seeing a lot of subscription required AMB 160 transponders for $160.00. Claim is they are compatible with systems that are 260 based. Just checking with the racing gods to see if that is accurate before buying 2! Yes, bringing two bikes this year.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When I raced go karts, AMB160 that meant 160KPH or about 100 MPH, so it was okay for slower stuff, but 260 was needed for bikes with the higher top speeds.

8. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

That is the published info.
    I have no problem using my old style yellow (Kart) transponder on my Lt Wt Twin

9. Mark Badillo

160-260 transponder KPH-MPH? Not sure what vehicle speed has to do with any of it. A transponder only pings the receiver when passing the designated start-finish line, therefore is a lap counter and timer only. These AMBs are all over Ebay for 170.00 and claim they work with older 260 systems and are for bike-auto applications, not carts.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

just for giggles found this... seems to be the same fella that spams the hell out of WERAs classifieds. Seems to move ALOT of units on WERAs $$$.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/MYLAPS-AMB...136144&hash=item4b89afc428:g:npEAAOSwHHxf5z-F
    Didnt see any units in the $170 range. If I were buying Id be looking from another racer first before flea bay.

Any of them send out an (AM?) signal for the loop to catch... I would imagine the 260x ones are putting out a lil stronger signal vs the 160x ones but if the timing loop picks it up who cares what color? :D As long as its positioned ideally & holds a charge through a weekend. Biggest issue is AMB does not want to hear anything about them even for administrative keystroke issues like removing a transponder linked to your AMB account. Which sucks if you have 2 because you'd have to surrender your whole account if you were to resell any of them and you cant reregister previously registered ones with a new account. Helpful hint: Only associate 1 per account. :D

11. Mark Badillo

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

thats the subscription one... you can purchase a new transponder with NO subscription for $599... but you still need the service to make it work. You can buy a 5 year subscription for $419 and get a free transponder. Or you can buy an older red/yellow one for less and the only issue would be battery life.

13. Mark Badillo

TY, I knew those are subscription required units. Compatibility with WERA system was my main concern.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, not set up to pick up at the speeds we can get. Get the 260.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but that's not actually how they work. The transponders are always sending out a signal, the 160 has a lower rate as well as lower power on the transmitter so it isn't accurate enough for higher speeds.

The claims on ebay about the 160 are incorrect. There is a reason we require what we do to the point of spelling it out in the rulebook...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is NOT a no subscription transponder. It is a one year subscription then you either renew or throw it away. Same as the new one on Mylaps.com but for a tad cheaper than the mylaps site although I didn't compare shipping etc...

I have new ones no subscription that last for longer than most people race and are worth money used...