1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Both of the former are well-proven platforms. Honda's have been notoriously underwhelming the last 10+ years even if their marketing dept would have you believing otherwise. So it's gonna need to earn that $28K price tag.

I still can't believe that these liter bike (even if they are "special/limited" models) are more than double the price of liter bikes just 10-15 years ago.

But then again I guess the old RC-45 was nearly the same exact price way the hell back in 1994. So maybe its not so bad.

2. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I will make Honda an offer...

They claim 215 HP for $28,500, or basically $132.56 per HP.

I am perfectly willing to buy the 1000RR-R-R for $132.56 for every RWHP the bike makes on a legitimate dyno on the day of purchase. I will bring $21,077.04 in cash to the dealership as an estimate of the final purchase price.

LOL

3. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I guess that you'll need to find an extra $5000.

4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Depends whether they sell it in Repsol colors or not.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

However the RC45 was produced in very limited numbers. This will not be that...

The same reason the RC-51 doesn't sell for the big dollars like the 30 and 45. They shit too many of them out and there isn't really anything special or limited about them.

6. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Post #699 in this thread claims only 47 bikes coming to the US

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

There was another article linked there for the 2021 bike including information about the SP race homologation special. That would make the price tag make sense for that version of the bike. I missed that. Pricing the bog standard 1000RR at $28k would make it a sales disaster.

8. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

The standard RR-R comes with the same price tag as the previous sp. That's a significant increase.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I can see at least 1/2 of those sitting pretty in the dealer's showroom collecting dust for a couple years @ that MSRP....at least until they start firesale'ing them.

10. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

11. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

The front wheel shot w/o a rotor threw me for a second. Thought I was looking at a moped.

[​IMG]

12. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Never understood why they do the pie cut section on the exhausts. I am sure they can maintain diameter and make those bends.
    Im excited to see this, would be nice to have another front runner bike.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  13. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

anybody think it will be same bs ,new graphics . honda seems to be really good at this. much better than other companys who shall remain nameless.

14. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

For the 'gram!

15. alan

alan Well-Known Member

And rated @ 186hp for the US market

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't think you can bend thin metal pipe especially titanium very far without cracking it.

17. BROsiah

BROsiah Well-Known Member

Good friend of mine works at a Honda dealer and was told less than 1 per dealer will be available .

18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

From SBU’s FB page of the WSB version.
    D60BFCDA-4BA1-40DC-A025-EAF26B3A0B8E.jpeg B2990FD3-BC11-4225-A0C3-14B0B6F3990F.jpeg BB572AB0-75EC-4540-9F95-63DFC62B739A.jpeg 6D216BD1-7851-42FD-876F-05F856707573.jpeg

noles19, Senna, Steeltoe and 2 others like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know superstock and superbike look the same on track but goddamn, there is something to be said for stuff that makes you hard in your special place.

cav115, RRP and The Great One like this.
  20. Tj Hunter

Tj Hunter Well-Known Member