1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. To hell with the baby shit, my first two-wheeled anything was a brand new 2006 GSX-R600.

I had already paid for it, before I knew which controls did what. I asked the dealership people to put it on the trailer for me while I pick out a helmet, because I didn't want to tell them I don't know how to make it go. :crackup:

track wagon, cav115, aaronson and 5 others like this.
  2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

‘78 GS750C was my first bike.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got a 77 750B right now as my current street bike.

My first bike was a Rupp Hustler with a 5 horse Tecumseh in it.

ducnut likes this.
  4. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

MY first 'mini-bike' was a Rupp Roadster! 4HP Tecu engine, front and rear suspension (it moved a few inches), and a 2-speed torque converter! That thing would do 40+!

5. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I've actually had rider friends argue this point with me! They are like, it's a parallel twin (Kawi Ninja 650?), and I'm like you mean an inline twin? They were like no, it's parallel!

6. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I think they're both Girly mopeds Garth.
    In Tx. @ 1975, at 15, you cold get your MC license for 100cc and less., on my 15th birthday, I was there with my HOnder CB100!
    At 16- you could ride any CC!- with your MC license.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Mine might have been 4 horse too, I don't remember for sure. I do remember the Roadster was faster, I think I got clocked at 35 on it.

8. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

My first bike was metalic blue 1980 Honda CX 500. In Communist country I grew up it was hard to get those Westrn world mind poisoning products which were inferior to Ural, MZ and Jawa bikes! Girls loved it though!:)

MachineR1, Steeltoe and ducnut like this.
  9. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

jesus this thread has taken a turn for the worst... we need some BNG’s to revive it... is it out yet?!?

Phl218 likes this.
  10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I can’t wait until Tuesday, for EICMA. Should be some cool stuff from all the other manufacturers.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The old Fireblade was looking pretty dang good in Aussie Superbike just now. Damn near won it all.

12. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

They got one bike right, its a pig but has character floating.jpg

G 97, 03RumbleBee and Phl218 like this.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Not sure how being a pig is considered a positive attribute.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Depends on whether or not it's last call at the bar. ;) :cool:

15. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

first gear power wheelies from 5 mph, or 2nd or 3rd but slides and wiggles into a turn, then you can spin your way out of it its a heavy pig but fun, take one for a spin a couple of laps and you will see, another honda failed product to actually not get the fastest way around a track but always smiling riding one

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Bacon

17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I liked speaking with people about the BMWs with horizontally opposed twin cylinder engines :D

18. Its also being used by the best team, with the best funding/support, and Herfoss is a helluva rider. As you know, he is a multi-Champion.

ducnut likes this.
  19. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Yeah.. against bayliss & jones on the factory ducati.

Our ASBK rules are more like SSTK rules, so the fact the ol blade can givem shit is fairly impressive. Our tracks here are narrow and not overly flowing, this means the sweet chassis and torque delivery of the blade actually works really well. But go to phllip island and the honda/herfoss get walked.

Steeltoe, ducnut and Gorilla George like this.
  20. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Depends if that piggy has personality. Personality goes a long way.

OldSchlPunk and ducnut like this.