1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Beemer Press release...

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Jun 1, 2019.

1. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

Dunlop KRs on the Suzuki, Pirelli Supercorsa Sp V3s on the Duc.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Put the same tire on both bikes and try again. Keep in mind you will have to adjust ride heights between different brand tires even if the sidewall says they're the same size.

deathblow likes this.
  3. The whole year model release date VIN bullshit had me confused.

I knew it was updated, but then this was being shown off as if it is all new. I thought the new one was 2019, which is why I asked how is this one different. It actually isn't, it is the same bike, just the confusion regarding the years.

4. That isn't the fault of the bike per se, that is a setup issue (or perhaps different tires?). The Panigale is very finicky when it comes to setup. It isn't like a Jap bike that you can just gas and go and will work pretty well everywhere.

With the 1299S, I was surprised at how we would end up with drastically different setups for each track (much more so than the R6). Because of the way the swingarm works with that hub, even just a 1 tooth change on the rear sprocket could shitcan everything. So we would basically have to get the handling sorted, then use a different chain when making gearing changes so we didn't upset the chassis.

5. That could be the issue there. I reckon I shoulda read the whole thread before responding.

Keep in mind that the numbers on the sidewall are mostly for marketing purposes. A "180" might actually measure over 190mm, a "200" in one brand, might be several mm different than a "200" in another brand, and neither one of them may actually be 200mm.

6. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

How many are you getting?

8. All of them.

Phl218 and Bruce like this.
  9. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

Understood. On the V4R, I am on stock gearing, OEM tires, and just had the suspension setup. No geometry changes, so I was surprised with the turn in sensation being too easy.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Mille R

Got mine on Saturday. Some guy already dyno'ed his US bike. 196 WHP, bone stock! 2020 bmw delivery.jpg

TX Joose, masshole, bleacht and 5 others like this.
  11. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I can't believe we're still asking this question to Broome. The answer is always "All of them".

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I looked around the internets and it seems like there are a few in Florida already at dealerships. I am seriously eyeing one of these up.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What's the deal with the triple clamps and clip ons? I recall there being some issue with not being able to easily replace them with aftermarket units.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Congrats! As much as I wave the Suzuki flag I think you bought the best superbike on the planet. Wee bit jealous!

15. Mille R

Thanks. So far I love it. As far as the clip on, you just have to buy a part that replaces the outer part of the triple clamp that the bar is attached to. It is basically a U clamp, as the triple clamp is two pieces. Then you can add any aftermarket clip on below it that you want.

Turbotech likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Smith's racing already figured out a way to break it. No problem on a short circuit. Weird stuff.

https://www.motorsport.com/roadraci...82DmHa0ObBOdx6My_cnuBmf1DLCt2Jb1kffKI3nkIoKPs

“Unfortunately after the second pitstop this returning issue we keep having on the Superbike; it just keeps chucking water out,” Hickman said. “It doesn't get hot, it just chucks water out at anything over 11,000rpm. So once I left the pits on lap two, as soon as I went down Bray Hill it was chucking water out.

“I had to just manage it, and basically I had to use half throttle and no more than 11,000rpm. So two laps riding a round at 50 percent throttle was not fun. We all had this inkling it was possibly gonna happen.

“We've had three different engines, four radiators, numerous different rad caps, bottles, you name it, it's been changed on it three or four times. And for some reason on the Superbike it just keeps doing it. But our hands were tied unfortunately."

418 likes this.
  17. Mille R

18. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

So what features does the race electronics package have?
    GPS based Fuel/Traction maps?

19. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

weird. seems like with all those replacement parts it shouldn’t be hard to track down. it’s not like the cooling system on bikes is super complicated.

better water than oil though, lol ducati

Phl218 and Steeltoe like this.
  20. Lavana

Lavana The coming

How do you like it? What can you compare it to?