1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Beemer Press release...

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Jun 1, 2019.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

The Beemer looks like my 25th anniversary '12 CBR1000RR in the vid. Real life is a slightly different picture. :D
    Not sure about that "closing the throttle when brakes are applied" thing - I ramp up the one while ramping down the other.

See post 13, first line. Virtually nothing is interchangeable in, on or around.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The Dookati koolaid is some extra strong drink. Dunno why they have to crap on every single thread about another bike which might possibly somehow be superior in aspects.

3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

right, but it’s still an inline 4, dual swing arm, conventional suspension and brakes.... like, that shit is boring... ok, it’s a new bike with new part numbers but you’re not reinventing the wheel here.

4. turbulence

yeah, i dunno why someone would come in a BMW thread and crap all over a ducati. weird.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:D To rile up the Dookatestes?

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

The CF frame on the HP4 is pretty bad ass.

7. fastfreddie

Possibly? Pfft. BMW is playing nice. They prolly coulda kicked Ducati right square in the nuts when maneuvering for position on top of the mountain. :D
    Ummm, actually, yeah, not even the wheels are interchangeable. :D
    Maybe cuz no one else is on top of that mountain? Yer either fer or ag'in'.
    Shit on one or the other, the result is the same...there are only two bikes competing for King-of-the-Hill. :D
    (PS: I saw your ninja sarcasm. ;))

8. fastfreddie

Dookatestes. :crackup:
    Nice euphemism!
    Had time to think that one up while waiting on your 'Zuk' recall(s)? :Poke:
    :D

9. fastfreddie

It's the best part of that bike...frickin' gorgeous, too.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:moon:

11. fastfreddie

No, seriously, Dookatestes is funny as hell.
    Too bad for other brands clawing their way to the top...the recall ledge is an huge obstacle. :D

Yzasserina likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That did it.

upload_2019-6-3_13-28-40.jpeg

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. turbulence

i'll give you that... along with the carbon wheels

14. fastfreddie

Nice map. How do you intend to negotiate that Mason-Dixon obstacle? Ain't been a recall initiated in over 150 years...or in other words, ain't nobody got time for that. :D

15. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

We have already peeked inside the coding of the new ECU, both the USA and ECE version. There is coding for M Calibration kit (Will most likely use RCK Pro software and same VCI hardware) and M Power Kit (which unlocks race fueling and better maps). BMW have not officially announced this yet but it is coming.

[​IMG]

If anyone is ordering one, I have a lot of race parts in stock for this bike already.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Newyork and Steeltoe like this.
  16. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

So are you losing out on any functionality by going with the base (non M package)? I know the M gives you extra pro modes etc., but will that matter after you unlock the base model via RCK?

17. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Ahem....... It's spelled N8....how long you friggin' rookies been here???:D:crackup:

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well "N8" and Melissa B passed me going into turn 1 at Daytona. I'm pretty sure they didn't touch the brakes. By the time I was in the Horseshoe they were already on the banking. :(

And they were on SV's. I was on the 750. :confused:

19. fastfreddie

Nacht? o_O
    :crackup:

20. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

So for the USA as of now there are 3 packages you can get:
    1. SELECT = Cast wheels, no Ride Modes Pro (user configurable settings)
    2. RACE = Adds lighter forged wheels, Ride Modes Pro, lightweight battery
    3. M Package = Carbon fiber wheels, Ride Modes Pro, lightweight battery, M Race seat,

Both the Race and M Package also include adjustable swingarm pivots.

If you were to go with the "Select" package you could retrofit the Ride Modes Pro as it is just a software update. You lose out on the adjustable swingarm pivot.

moto316 and Steeltoe like this.