1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Tahoe vs 2019 Expedition. Which one should I buy.

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedanap, Feb 8, 2019.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s a very similar tread to the LTX M/S2 on my GF’s Ridgeline. Definitely a great tire. I nearly went with those, but, wanted something with the ability to dig through the deeper snow I have to deal with. I felt like the ribbed tread pattern of the Michelins might just spin, on a 2WD. And, I have an acquaintance living above 8K feet in CO who swayed my decision.

2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

He should have a “4WD” position on his dial that’ll lock the transfer case. “AWD” has the transfer case differential running in a variable mode, so it can be driven on hard surfaces and only locking when the sensors detect slippage.

3. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be in my driveway right now if it wasn’t for 4x4. Simple as that.

So yea, I put my seat belt every time. Doesn’t mean I plan on using it. But up here in Canada, no one buys a 2wd truck. And with how light pickups are Inc the back. It’s annoying trying to turn right on a snowy surface as if literally just spins that one tire.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

you said Canada. That already means that no one cares :Poke:

:D

MachineR1 likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Canada! I was surprised at how different it is from state to state. I live in Missouri and 80-90% of the trucks sold are 4wd. The 2wd trucks are all bare bones budget models. A few years ago I found myself truck shopping in Nashville, TN, just a few hours away, and it was just the opposite. Almost all the trucks on the lot were 2wd. And they were nice trucks, loaded up but only 2wd.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

My FIL bought a Sequoia in GA and it was a loaded Limited but with 2WD, well because he's a snow bird, and it was cheaper. 25" of snow fell, but the street had about 8" or so since it was plowed last. I was stuck for 1 hour in the middle of the street, with other cars saying put it in 4wd. I would if I could.

Wish he had snow tires or well AWD at that point. He had neither. That was a fun Home Depot run. Even more fun, had to have two tow trucks come to pull it out of the ice/snow it was stuck in after I parked it :D

7. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

I would rather go to Tahoe than go on an Expedition.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

How about an Expedition to Tahoe?

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds like fun but Tahoe is too ritzy for me, I'd stay over in Reno and get drunk and smoke cigarettes with Zoran.

10. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help everybody. My wife ended up picking out an Expedition XLT 4x4 with the heavy duty trailer tow package today. Tahoe was nice but it felt old and outdated next to the Expedition. Plus, the 9200lb tow capacity means I can get a bigger camper someday. :)

L8RSK8R, masshole, BigBird and 3 others like this.
  11. ineedanap

Towed the camper to the campground this weekend.

OMG. Mind blown. The ecoboost 3.5 has officially made the V8 obsolete. Not just ford's V8s...all the V8s.

So glad I bought this truck.

12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Photos or it didn't happen!

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]

70 mph plus, hauls 12 comfortably, 100 gallon gas tank, here's the Tahoe you need Mongo!

Phl218 likes this.
  14. ineedanap

Disregard the droopy rear. That was taken on the way back from the storage unit, before i could set up the ball height and weight distribution. Everything sits level now. :)

[​IMG]4kGw4+vhR7qQ1T2Kk+SJQQ by ineedanap, on Flickr

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Those don’t have rear air ride with auto ride-height?

16. ineedanap

I don’t think so. I peeked under and didn’t see bags. I think the towing package just consisted of the integrated brake controller, 3.73 gears, transfer case that has 4 hi/lo, and upgraded cooling. Also has a knob for backing up with a trailer with the camera, but real men use mirrors. :)

Fine with me though. Levels out just fine once the hitch was set up correctly.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    ducnut likes this.
  17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Very nice man, happy travels.

ineedanap likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd love it but no bathroom so the boss won't agree. If it has one of those pop up ones then we're good to go :D

19. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I have the 5.0 in my F150. I wish I would have bought the 2.7. I don't see the point of the 3.5 though. It doesn't get any better mileage than the 5.0. The 2.7 is torquier down low than the 5.0, makes almost the same #'s as the 3.5, and gets better mileage than either 3.5 or 5.0.

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes the big ones almost always have them as standard equipment. And you are right by a big lake so...