1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Pro Motocross Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by swiest152, May 18, 2019.

1. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Hangtown

Moto1: Roczen dominated. Won by 15 seconds.

Moto2: Tomac dominated. Won by 43 seconds.

Roczen 1st overall with 1 - 2
    Tomac 2nd overall with 4 - 1

Anderson and Osborne looked solid.

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It was nice to see Roczen finally win something after all the injuries and shitty performances.

3. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Happy to see Ken pull one out. Conditions looked pretty bad in the second moto. I wish they would have spent more time on the 3-4-5 battle and following Osborne as he worked his way forward, sounded like he was making some moves.

Disappointed with Marvin and the other Frenchie in the 250 race. I had hoped that they would do better. AC came out swinging, Webb is off to a slow start, but usually the top SX riders don't do much preseason testing as they wrap up their SX season, so they don't always get a good start.

Still trying to like Anderson.

Tomac looked happy, I still think he's the one to beat this year.

Barcia looked good in the standings, hope he stays healthy and can give some folks a run for the money.

4. swiest152

If Roczen's health is better from what it was in SX, the championship fight will be tight with Tomac. Tomac still top dog, but Kenny will keep it close and win more races

Osborne and Anderson are going to be fun to watch this summer

I don't expect much from Barcia, Webb, or Musquin. Baggett looked sub-par too.

5. swiest152

Pala made for some good racing.

Tomac 1 -1 finishes. He was in 5th place, 12 seconds behind Roczen in the first moto at the half way point. Passed Webb, Anderson, Musquin and then Roczen with 3 laps to go. won by 4 seconds.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Tomac is by far the fastest racer currently. He just struggles with knowing where the edge is.

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Colorado up next. hard to not root for tomac there.

altitude does some bad things, will be waiting to see how Anderson does this year. He seemed to do ok last year but in the past it was bad for him.

Cool track, I've been twice. Was funny watching some of the mechanics walk up hill to their area after the gates drop. lol.

Tomac, Roczen, Marvin. Osborne maybe further up if he gets a decent start, I think he's got the speed to run with the top rider (tomac) if he can start closer to the front. Bold prediction, ZO gets a win this season.

Ferrandis, AC, Cooper (ok, so maybe not the frenchie out front but it would be fun to watch). Alex Martin is doing well, maybe it's his weekend? Lawrence will be up there.

8. swiest152

I don't think it's that bold. He's looking really good and is finishing the races strong. if he gets a holeshot it can happen if Eli has an off day.

gt#179 likes this.
  9. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Tomac wins his third straight AMA outdoor motocross championship, and cinches it one race early. Pretty amazing feat. The only others to win 3 in a row are Carmichael (6 in a row, which is why he’s the GOAT), and then you have to go way back to Tony D and Gary Jones, 45 plus years ago.

gt#179 likes this.
  10. swiest152

Pretty dominating. If he stays healthy through supercross and Kawasaki doesn't change the KX chassis, 2020 should see more of the same.

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It's not right, but he has to win an SX championship, or it won't carry the same amount of weight.

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

13. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I agree. I was surprised with Lawrence performance in SX last year, but I think it's going to be a few more riders up front this year till the injuries take their toll.

JLaw, Roczen, Tomac, Marvin, Osborne (I'd love to see him win some races!), maybe Bambam if he can find a good setting, I'd like to see Plessinger up there but the heel injury is still keeping him down. Plus you'll have BabyJesus (AdamC) rising up this year. I think he'll do well on the 450.

oh yeah and Webb.. please let Marvin or a few others punt him off the track a few times in the opening rounds.

any predictions for the MXdN? :)

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

JLaw? Are we in 2007 again?
    You must mean Anderson.

condon66 and rcvxl24 like this.
  15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Des nations in the sand in the Netherlands? Sounds like the Europeans and Pirelli have a great chance to sweep again this year

16. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

lol.. yes Anderson.

but would love to see JLaw run again. Gobert like in all respects.

17. swiest152

Well considering Kawasaki single handedly removed the best rider in the world (on his beast mode days) from the race... not the US

They also removed AC from the race. Kawasaki keeping their cards in their hand and safe. It really sucks to not see Eli and AC racing MXoN but I get it. They want to keep their riders from getting burnt out and/or injured.

If anyone watches the Best Post Racer Show Ever on youtube, John Tomac talked about not letting Eli get burnt out at a young age. Not pushing him too hard, not letting him ride every day. I think that's part of Kawi's motive behind benching their riders for MXoN.

18. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I believe they are just making sure they will be going into the Supercross season healthy and fresh with enough testing behind them.

19. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

plus the monster energy cup in vegas is less than 3 weeks later... Ski

20. swiest152

Eli and Kenny drinking beer on the podium.

classic.