1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

BTW with time change occurring in parts of the world already, and ours occurring this weekend, please post your picks after qualifying if possible and not 5 minutes before race start.

Not so certain when the survey will close.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I was busy all night so made my picks after FP3.5... Honestly didn't end up doing awfully, especially since I went with the hail mary and bet on Marquez binning it.

3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Well this one should be interesting. Marquez with one of the worst qualifying sessions of his career. I put my picks in and I think this was the first one of the season where I didn't pick him to win it...or even get 2nd, even though he's finished 1st or 2nd in every race this season (except COTA where he crashed out of the lead). I'm banking on some Yamahas up front, but the question is in which order? lol

BigBird likes this.
  4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

REMINDER: Today is a goofy day regarding local time changes due to DST going away. As BB says above, it's already started. So...
    Get picks in now and not anywhere close to actual race time which appears to be midnight here on the left coast, but I'm not banking on the world clock being all synched with local changes.

GET THOSE PICKS IN! Just like a club race, even when you are running 16th, there is a person in front of you, and your immediate motive is nothing but to get by them. Good luck, all.

BigBird and sbk1198 like this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

I will pick at 11:30 PM tonight

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Picks are in. A bit risky, but I’m betting on the joker wanting to break records and the piano tires not lasting for a last lap battle

BigBird likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sepang Results 2019

upload_2019-11-3_6-40-31.png

upload_2019-11-3_6-51-18.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Phl218 likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

9. dsapsis

You have to be kidding me. Don't think I can make up 14 points to make the rostrum, but it does feel good to win a race after 17 fails!
    Mav was masterful, and Marc and Dovi's first lap were spectacular. Vale wanted rostrum about as bad as a person could, and simply couldn't make it come to be. Both Suzuki riders a bit cheeky. Fabio showing some cracks.

Valencia will be gloves off; hoping for a great race. Good luck you top three. Someone at least make Aviana sweat. :beer:

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  10. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Haha!! My previous picks from 5 rounds ago were good for something!! :O

11. sbk1198

I need to stop making my picks based on qualifying lol I keep thinking it's like in club racing where whoever is fastest in practice/qualifying will be also fastest in the races lol

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah I went from Q to a blend of FP4 and WUP, taking weather into consideration.

oh and not rooting for the ducs

BigBird likes this.
  13. Kramerica

Kramerica ISO: Intern named Darin

This might be early to bring this up, but can we talk about the no lineup rules for next year? How are no lineup players in the top 5 every week?
    Also, what does everyone think about a payout for the winner of each race? That will give mr. 9 points up there something to play for

badmoon692008, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  14. sbk1198

What do you mean by "no lineup" players? You mean people who forget to submit their picks?

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

I believe that is what he means. There are a bunch of players, like it was about 5 and increased to about 9 or so currently.

Yes I like rule if you forget to submit your lineup, but maybe a DQ after a certain number of times?

I like the idea of a weekly winner, to be paid at the end of the year.

Definitely somethings to think about. Hopefully we have as many or more players next year. This year has been fun in general for me, as we really made the system our own . So we are free to do anything we want with the rules.

Good luck to all for the last round!

Sent from my smatrfone

Phl218 likes this.
  16. dsapsis

We are open for whatever discussion. The no lineup folks in the top 5 is pretty flukey, and a person could pick a basic lineup and use it all year if they wanted to take the construct to the limit.

Recognize, as folks interest in stuff like this ebbs and flows, that we won't get down to nitty-gritty finalization of whatever possible changes might be wished for until next spring.

I think this year has gone well for the folks that didn't let the game slip away early. It makes for a more concerted effort to understand who has pave, what influence grid qualifying may or may not have (Dovi and Vale routinely makes up for poor starting positions -- and new we know Marc can do that too!) and it keeps interest in the series after the winner is settled. I would like to config a portion of the kitty defaulting to the AFF just to keep everybody tuned to support for roadracing safety. Other than that, I'm very pleased we've been able to institute damn near all the components of the old .com-supported game.

Phl218, BigBird and sbk1198 like this.
  17. sbk1198

I'm pretty proud of myself for remembering to submit picks every race. Like Jonathan Rea this year...my goal was to "finish" every race lol Like in racing, you have to grid up and finish the race if you want the points. Responsibility is part of the game, so my preference would be to give out 0 points to whoever doesn't submit. To make up for the fact that we all have other shit going in our lives, and sometimes there may be some really good reasons that someone can't submit their picks, I would maybe only count the top 18, or top 17 rounds for everyone. That way everyone gets one or two mulligans. But if you regularly forget, then you're gonna have some zero-point rounds and you're gonna drop down the order. Sorry, not sorry, such is racing.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I pick based on Q and past late race performance - e.g. Miller is almost certain to go to back of top 10 most races and Vinales comes forward. I also don't try and predict crashers.

This is the ultimate, safe, mid pack strategy for anyone seeking mediocrity. :D

sbk1198 and BigBird like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

The only issue with that is it can potentially ignore rain races, mixed conditions between Quali/Race, etc and this is where a lot of the potential jumping in order happens.

Like Sepang

Sent from my smatrfone

20. sbk1198

Only once (or twice if you want 2 mulligans lol).