1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I think it’s ridiculous, but I’m also not going to complain because I’m in third right now

Edit: I’d also like to add I made my picks Friday night because I was heading out of town so that must mean I’m immensely talented because I didn’t use qualifying:crackup:

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I have no idea how my picks rate in the old schema, and it doesn't matter. 18 races to go; it is wide open. Just wait till there is a cry race where 5 top finishers all crash out and everyone does almost equally bad.

These rules are lame, but if enough people chime in to support using it (that's 12 participants) that's what we will do. And anyone put off by us using the rules as stated can get their money back before Argentina. We are working on a fix/app for the scoring, but you can do it yourself.
    Here is Phl216:
    Andrea Dovizioso 25
    [​IMG] Mission Winnow Ducati
    Marc Marquez 20
    [​IMG] Repsol Honda Team
    Maveric Vinales 9
    Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP
    Alex Rins 13
    [​IMG] Team SUZUKI ECSTAR
    Danilo Petrucci 10
    Mission Winnow Ducati
    Jack Miller 0
    [​IMG] Alma Pramac Racing
    Fabio Quartararo 0
    [​IMG] Petronas Yamaha SRT
    Joan Mir 8
    [​IMG] Team SUZUKI ECSTAR
    35 7
    Cal Crutchlow 7
    [​IMG] LCR Honda
    Franco Morbidelli 5
    [​IMG] Petronas Yamaha SRT

Jorge Lorenzo 3
    [​IMG] Repsol Honda Team
    Valentino Rossi 4
    [​IMG] Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP
    Francesco Bagnaia 0
    [​IMG] Alma Pramac Racing
    Takaaki Nakagami 2
    [​IMG] LCR Honda
    Pol Espargaro 1
    Red Bull KTM Factory Racin

Thats 25 + 20 + 9 + 13 +10 + 0 + 0 + 8 +7 +5 +3 + 4+ 0 + 2 + 1 = 107 good score Phil!

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yup

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Imho

The motogoat website scoring sucks.
    The motogoat math for 25pts for
    the right pick in any position sucks.
    The motogp website scoring / formula makes sense.

BigBird and sbk1198 like this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

can we agree on using the old motogp league points system?
    Will motogoat switch that over for us?

jonathanp likes this.
  6. dsapsis

I am hoping everyone agrees, and we get the goat guy to fix it for us (it was the assumption that he understood and had coded our rules in, they just haent taken). If he can't fix it, we will make a model that will work.
    I am sensitive to players feeling uncomfortable, hence the vote option or refund.

If this race is a preview, we are in for a hell of a season.

BigBird, sbk1198 and Phl218 like this.
  7. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

No refund requested here - in no matter what set of rules/scoring you choose. . .If I have to vote, throw mine in with the consensus of the tenured players. Once it's sorted can we get the rules/scoring written out - that's all I need (had no idea what the score system was this time around, just put in my picks what I thought would happen:)).

Just my two cents to the admins - it's definitely been fluid, but you guys have done a great job setting this up under those circumstances and the communication around all the challenges/changes ect has been excellent all things considered. :beer:

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  8. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I agree he motogoat scoring is not good for the 11-15 positions that we made them add for us... lol.... If we get the old scoring that I don't quite get yet, then great, otherwise, let's not have them score 11-15 if we use their approach.

9. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

My vote is for the MGP version, not 25 points for getting the rider in the right finishing order.

Whatever comes to fruition with the scoring I’m ok with so long as majority rules. I’m in it for the long haul with no regrets.

BigBird, Phl218 and jksoft like this.
  10. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

A big plus 1 there

BigBird likes this.
  11. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I certainly think so! At least, it is if you can do it more than once. Incredible job while having no context (especially since it was the first race of the season).

+2. It's already adding another layer of interest to the season for me.

BigBird likes this.
  12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

:stupid:

And as was said above, great job admins.

BigBird likes this.
  13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Can we use whatever point structure keeps me close to the top.

badmoon692008 and Phl218 like this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

:crackup:

15. dsapsis

Scotty is going to be a good player. :beer:

No talk about the Mav fade? Was it just a poor start? Can't do pace at full tank? Rarely do you see another rider show such promising practice/qual consistency, only to fall back to 6-8th, and never get out of there.

And thanks for the supporting comments, fellows -- obviously the large avian and a few others have been very helpful. We've got some work to do now, but hold tight and all will be right.

BigBird likes this.
  16. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

As much as I like where I'm at right now, I think the fact that I scored 20 points for like 4 different riders is ludicrous and doesn't make a ton of sense. I'd like to say stick with the current points because that puts me high on the horse, but I think the old system makes much more sense.

sbk1198 and BigBird like this.
  17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm with the majority on whatever scoring system we use. One that mimics the actual motogp points scheme obviously would make the most sense, but If that proves to be too much work, so be it. It's the same for everybody. Not sure how many more change requests this motogoat guy is going to put up with before he just says piss off do it yourself.....

18. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

If motogoat isn't able to accommodate our preferred scoring, I know big bird has don
    I wish I had known this was going to be a potential issue a few months ago. I could have stood something up with whatever scoring rules we wanted. I'm still considering it, but I'm not sure how much of the season would be able to take advantage of it at this point. If Motogoat can't accommodate us, perhaps we roll with the bigbird manual scoring until I can put something a little more automated together.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I was thinking there are some pretty smart fellas on here that could work something out. Surely we could roll our own.... I could probably hack together a rough and dirty excel spreadsheet, but beyond that my skills lay more on the mechanical side of things....

BigBird likes this.
  20. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I am ok with whatever scoring system we deem good. The part that will get me to bail is if I have to do too much work to enter picks. This is supposed to be fun and if I stress too much to remember to get to a computer on a sat I will not enjoy it.