1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Feb 6, 2019.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

^YUP!!

Manxboy likes this.
  2. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Great ride Pat!!!

Stu showed me pics of your hand a few weeks ago. I can not believe you were able to run the 200.

Much respect you old goat! What shape is the Pierobon in after the crash?

TurboBlew and Manxboy like this.
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

:bow:

ToofPic, Manxboy and Banditracer like this.
  4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Well done, lad! Heal up quickly!

Manxboy and Banditracer like this.
  5. Pitmom42

Pitmom42 Active Member

I really love seeing all the great photos & watching the Daytona 200 on Fanschoice.TV, but the empty stands are upsetting to see. The TT had crowds of people in the stands. Maybe they should run the 200 the First Weekend of Bike week?

BigBird likes this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Don’t let that perception fool you... the stands and banking were it for viewing the TT unlike the 200...

Pitmom42 likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

Funkm05, Ducti89 and Manxboy like this.
  8. Manxboy

Manxboy Well-Known Member

The Pierobon faired very well in the Roebling Rd crash, primarily because I managed to wedge my left hand and left leg between it and the track so as to break its fall............!
    Pat Mooney.

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Very clear. Rules are archaic and stupid. Race direction started a session eight minutes early. Bullshit. Sorry, the guy in charge is not always right.

grasshopper likes this.
  10. Chonchito

Chonchito Active Member

Have not spent much time in the paddock over the past 5 years. Starting session early was the first sign for me, riders were rushing to put on leathers, take a piss etc. Not the way a team wants its riders to start a session. Agree with Rick about it being a bit of a shit show.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. Evolution247

Evolution247 Well-Known Member

Bummer. Had family obligations and couldn't watch this live. Does anyone have a link to the recording (assuming there is one)?

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nope, not yet....how about a post race press conference

jrsamples likes this.
  13. Evolution247

Evolution247 Well-Known Member

Thanks man. Wishful thinking. I guess I'll have to wait. Thanks for the video.

14. Pat:

Very impressive throughout the entire event. Even though we were racing against you I was cheering for you knowing what you’d come back from and being a “seasoned” vet of the sport. Very well done sir.

Manxboy, 418 and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. It was about the show and the fans got a show. In the end I think it was the right call if you want to get more asses in the seats. Those last 3 laps were good and Wyman took a gamble leading but it paid off as he was able to pull away enough to not get passed by the riders coming up in th draft. That decision took some balls as he could’ve easily ended up in 5th getting freight trained by the draft but it worked out well for him. That was what I consider laying it al on the line and believing in yourself so hats off to him.
    Kelly and Fong worked very well together as a team on the track, I was impressed by Kelly’s race craft, especially with about 5 or 6 to go fighting to get his lap back but also not messing up his teammate. I don’t this Paasch was too happy about it but that’s racing. Not sure what was gestured on track after the red but it didn’t appear from the feed Paasch was to happy but I can’t say for certain. I was just happy I pulled off a front tire change very quick with no mistakes and was quicker than we did in practice. You never want to be “that guy”. I was still modifying stuff slightly up until about noon to make things a tad bit smoother and it worked out.
    I’m tired as hell as I fished at night and early mornings at the track, decided to leave the track about 12:30am yesterday so I could get home and spend some time with that family but well worth it.
    Florida moment - ran to 7 Eleven about 545am Saturday as we were out of red bull. Saw a guy getting a shot of narcan right next to his Harley. Wtf. And the wagon wheels on the front of Harley’s. More wtf.

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Nothing like motorcycle riding and Narcan!! :eek:

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Narcan, Harleys, Supercross, coleslaw wrestling, the 200, Main St., and the TT that's Daytona. And everyone needs to see it at least once. Or for 20 straight years LOL.

18. Ya that was BS. I was able to start losing my shit because the guys weren’t ready for the bike to go out then checked the time.

19. Only reason I knew what it was was because it was on the local news here how cops have to carry it now. I was hoping for some pulp fiction like shit but no dice, whatever is in that shit it snapped the guy up in a few seconds. I’m sure he went back to doing whatever he was doing befor that night.

20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

We carry it if we need to counter anything we give during treatment in combat. It is crazy how quick it can work!