1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And only 75 grand or so to get a full pro team out there on superbikes with the full crew :D

There's a reason it's club racers and former pros doing it more for fun than anything even with that kind of cash on the line.

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

#1 that's apples and oranges, this is a 600 SS race as you well know.
    #2 I hope you're not suggesting there is a better paying race in America right now? We all know that the tab must be picked up by sponsors- purse money alone will never fund the full factory (or other high end) efforts, in any series available in the US right now.
    #3 If, you meant to say, that it's too expensive for the pro teams to field a specialized bike, and risk their rider's health in a one off race that's not part of the championship, then I agree.
    #4 why can't you schedule Roebling so it doesn't conflict?
    #5 what pies are on the menu for Roebling?

MELK-MAN and tawzx12r like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

1 - agreed.
    2 - nope, my point was to forestall the people wondering yet again why the factories won't run it with all that money available. My point was merely that while the purse is great the cost to bring a semi and full crew and superbikes is huge.
    3 - basically yep, hope to stop some whining before it starts :D
    4 - don't blame me, they used to move Bikeweek around and we've been running St Paddys at Roebling for as longer than I've been going to races. I do think about it every year but the riders seem to love it and I don't want to mess with events that work.
    5 - only baked in a pan item currently on the menu is lasagna I need to lose weight since the damn plane seats keep shrinking :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW I just looked and Bikeweek this year is March 17. The next 3 it'll be 3/6, 3/5, 3/4....

If I had moved it up a week I'd be screwed next time around.

Gino230 likes this.
  5. The additional cost to do Daytona properly is a lot. Without that purse you wouldn’t have a lot of the names that are registered for it this year. That being said I don’t care what you class the race as, this year looks to have a damn good field and should be interesting. I’ll f it isn’t look for me, I’ll be the one fishing in the lake.

Gino230 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, should be a good race for sure, wish I could go watch to be honest.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

In the middle 90s the week before Daytona CCS ran at Roebling, and most northern guys used it as a shakedown before the big D. The AHRMA & CCS races were before the AMA races so lots of those riders showed up at Roebling.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That event is still really big for us even on the same weekend. CCS wasn't at Roebling for all that long really. AHRMA either for that matter, that happened after our Vintage peeps did Deland then Roebling as a warm up for Daytona AHRMA then AHRMA decided they would do the warmup then they got nuked from Daytona and everything changed :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I really should take notes as all this goofy happens...

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yep when you mention AHRMA some weird things can happen. And I forgot about the Deland races.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

First thank God the Daytona peeps are still supporting the 200 and that purse is great! Secondly you attendees need to shake every Daytona mgt. hand and say thank you.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Does anybody know if it's going to be broadcast on something yet ?

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Unless you're leaving the lasagna noodles out of the lasagna (in which case you'd essentially have a very tasty casserole), you might want to fire your nutritionist.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I didn't say I was good at it - but it's better than having the lasagna AND the pecan pie(s) I was so close to making over the weekend :D

15. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

The only thing that has worked for me there is a chrome rattletrap.

Fanschoice

16. I’ll bring a selection of stuff. I’ll be stopping along the way to fish a bit so will have a fair amount of stuff with me. To be honest i didn’t even know if there was fish in there. I’ll be doing some surf fishing at night.

17. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

18. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

sbk1198, noles19, Steeltoe and 10 others like this.
  19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Lol... I thought the same... maybe he will continue to slap down some good times!

Shocker likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

jksoft, TurboBlew and Mot Okstef like this.