1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 BMW S1000RR specs leaked

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

2. I would love to. I think it would be a ton of fun.

...but only in practice, or a track day.

There is a point (or bike size) where the bike gets powerful enough that skill can overcome a big weight disadvantage, but a 300 isn’t quite it.

Size becomes less of a factor as the ability to manage traction/wheelspin becomes a big concern, and where top speed is rarely achieved. On bikes where you can damn near be full throttle the majority of the track, including many of the corners, and where the bike reaches top speed multiple times per lap, a 220+lb rider doesn’t stand much of a chance.

In other words, it would be fun and I would enjoy riding one, but I would never put myself through the agony of trying to race one.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

That's a tight lookin' package.

5. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

M Sport pckg with the carbon wheels please!

6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

7. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's lighter, faster, stronger, etc. but...I like the '15-'18 bike more.

This just looks a bit generic to me.

9. Shit.

Now I don't know if I want a BMW, or the Panidropper V4.

The only good thing about the mismatching BMW shit is that it made decisions easier.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Why not both? :)

11. I have seen the mention of Carbon wheels.

Do they sell a version of this BMW with CF wheels?

Im not talking about the $80k all CF bike they made, I mean do they make a version that comes from the Factory with CF wheels.

In other words, can you get an S1000RR with Carbon wheels, and still be Superstock legal (in WERA)?

12. Livengood wont go for that.

If I wanted to get 2, I would need to get 2 of the same thing and have one be a backup.

Going forward, he is dead set against me switching bikes during the weekend.

ekraft84 and Phl218 like this.
  13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Wait, is that the stock fuel tank all the way up under the seat on that Alpha one? In the production pics, the subframe looks like it is made to allow it, but I just assumed it didn't actually go back up that far. That's very superbikey.

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yes, read the press release. It's the "M" package. Carbon wheels, adjustable swingarm pivot and some other stuff. I remember someone asking last year if the optional mag wheels from Ducati were legal or not and never really saw an answer if that worked.

15. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

That shift cam is pretty freaking sick!
    I can tell you my GSXR 1000 makes killer mid range with the VVT. If the new BMW does the same with their shift cam it might be the bike to have next year.

Attached Files:

16. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

Pani is probably better if that "Gerlish" translation earlier is to be believed. The '15s aren't really setting the world on fire. No counter rotating crank either? Hrrm.

turbulence likes this.
  17. Ra.Ge. Raptor

BMW followed Suzuki in two things.
    1st vvt in a SBK engine
    2nd slimmer frame side beams but more rigid engine cases.

18. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

The BMW electric cam shift motor seems a little bit scary..... But they have been in the GS for a while now so I am sure they worked out all the bugs.

19. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I just noticed shock linkage/rocker arm like old school Ducati 916.

20. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

22k Euro MSRP for M package is what's floating around. Might be around 25k USD with the CF wheels. My '15 is getting sold after the holidays.