1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 BBS Formula 1 Fantasy Racing League

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Mar 10, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

One round to go. It's anybody's game. :)

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Damn forgot all about this since I was dislodged from the lead. Doubt I am even close now. :(

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Congrats.....you won by 5 points.

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Did it update? I checked earlier and it wasnt yet...

*edit - if thats the final, SWEET... I finished a close 3rd. I'll take it! :D

Good season everyone!

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think you checked too early. I was really counting on the stewards to kick out Leclerc. :D

Next year, I'm playing safe bets (Mercedes) like all you people. :D I don't want to have to climb out of a hole again. :mad:

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

McLaren? Talk about a Hail Mary. :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

As I was telling motorkas a few weeks ago, I could have just settled for fielding the same team everybody has but there is no fun in it for me. I'd rather lose doing my own thing. So I started with Ferrari in the first quarter of the season, and it put me into the hole. I then used Mercedes to climb back from the double-digit rankings to around the top five. Then, I did my McLaren thing and that actually got me on top. Magnificent Hail Mary, if I may say so myself. I just peaked one race too soon. :D But it's more fun to me this way.

Actually, if it wasn't for Ferrari getting away with cheating again, that would have paid off beautifully since LeClerc should have been disqualified yesterday and all you guys were playing him. :mad:

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

OOOps...sorry. I checked 8 hours after the race was over :bow:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't understand why but the results are never accurate until the day after the race.

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol, yeah I had a bad streak of 3-4 races in a row there, that doomed me. Ah well.

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Is there any interest in doing a league next year like the homegrown MotoGP effort by dsapsis and BigBird? That seemed to work really well and maintained interest throughout the season.

I'd be in. I forgot my PW for this league early on.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If someone else is willing to do the work, sure. But if you can't stay interested in this format long enough to remember your password, I'm not sure you will stay interested in the other.

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yeah this league was 'set and forget' pretty much ... there was nothing forcing you to login, unlike previous years which required management due to expiring contracts and/or value adjustments.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The game we played last year is still around, if you guys want to go back to that. I was hoping that the official F1 game would have something extra about it clearly didn't.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Jeez hope you do not do online bill paying. :D

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Wut. This league was boring because unless you picked Hamilton and Mercedes, so long, nothing else mattered.

I'll do the work. With charts. :p

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ask the guys who didn't pick Marquez pretty much every time how well they did in the MotoGP game. :D

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Not the point. As you know. In that league, you got rewarded for following the sport throughout the season, the one who came in second, third, tenth.

19. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Did both the GP and F1 league this year and was in the running for money with GP until I started to get cute and throw some Hail Marys from Philip Island on. . .:mad:. Having to choose the top 15 in GP definitely made things interesting (I'm a full blown "Uccio" but I can't tell you how many times I had Rossi out of the top five and barely in the top ten) but being perfectly honest, I find the F1 league just as engaging (but for different reasons). Also, being honest, if you chart up the results for those who "set and forgot" - setting and forgetting is apparently not the best strategy. . .and that's on the players' shoulders, not the format (makes no sense to blame the test, rather than the test takers when everything is equal except decision making and the results they produce).

Papa and I had radically different strategies: I never had Hamilton once in my line up this season; and Papa found a way to be in the lead for the second half of the season without a top tier manufacturer (and also just as honestly, if I didn't catch that he switched Albon to his "double points" driver after he got the Red Bull ride and copied him, he would have won. . .). When there's that kind of variation in strategy but with similar results, I personally think that's a testament to the format. . .even though Papa lost. . .again. . .like a red headed albino African stepchild. . .:D.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Eastern European criminals. Not even ashamed of it.