1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 VMD Dates released by Mid O

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dobr24, Oct 26, 2017.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

July 6-8 2018. I assume WERA is involved?

fireman343 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the plan.

3. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

yet again no conflict with AHRMA woo hoo!!

4. vance

vance *

Will there be a spot for an F1 sidecar in the sidecar race?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Modern F1?

6. vance

vance *

Yes, I'll receive it in March. Just trying to figure out some events to get it on the track.
    I've seen you mention on here before it's a lot of track time for 3 or 4 bikes. I don't know if opening it up like the AHRMA rules to allow F1 and F2 might bring the guys from Canada down. This rig is coming from Canada and they frequent summit point WV, so maybe Mid-O might be a reasonable destination for the SRA guys from Canada.
    I'm completely new to all of this, so my speculation means zilch.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's been open to modern stuff for as long as we've been doing VMD - there really aren't any specific SC rules for the event. As long as everyone plays nice and realizes there can be some seriously slow older rigs out there I'm good with it. We definitely need the numbers up to justify the track time since they can't be combined. They are always a hit with spectators tho so they're not going anywhere but more is better.

8. vance

vance *

Cool. The rig itself may be fast but I'm new to this, the wife will be on it with me and she's made it very clear she does not want to get hurt. I do think she's going to have a blast on it though.
    Registration through WERA?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, granted it'll be a while before we open it :D

vance likes this.
  10. vance

vance *

I'm a planner :crackup: