1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Vintage Classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

500 gp use to start in front of V-2. It was deemed a faster class. It was changed only because stock CB350's were starting in front of built CB350's.

2. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

I think something is assbackwards here. I believe we are in agreement. Call it 500gp, call it V-2, call it Vintage lite, they all should be in there.

83BSA likes this.
  3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think rigdingding has a point in that we are getting confused by the former class names. It appears that WERA will be changing the vintage classes for next year and I think that Vintage light is a good name for the small vintage class and specific bikes can be put in it that are comparable in lap times.

4. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Everything may seem right to those who read a schedule, but the track times are documented and tell another story. Perhaps GP500 was actually put in the back because the faster bikes should go in front?

5. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

If you guys are trying to tell me V1-2 will be included in GP500 instead of deleted, I will never get my bike finished. I already pulled the front end and RD top end off the bike in anticipation of GP rules.

videojack likes this.
  6. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

Vintage Light is fine, I don't care what it's called, I just felt a stock 400 should class with these bikes not the V3 bikes as I had seen suggested.

7. videojack

Everything may seem right to those who read a schedule, but the track times are documented and tell another story. Perhaps GP500 was actually put in the back because the faster bikes should go in front?

8. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

I don't follow all the WERA Vintage classes. I have read this thread again and understand and agree with the the need to combine 350GP and 500GP. But school me on this: What will be the bump up class for 500 GP?

9. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Having raced against you I think a more accurate term is "bump into class" :D

Robin172 likes this.
  10. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

For fuck's sake, if I didn't know better I would have thought that Sir Bumpalot, Robin 172, put you up to this.......:eek:

11. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

500GP to F-500

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So I'm not the only one, eh Stu?

videojack likes this.
  13. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Sean,
    Is the concern that a bike/rider may possibly bump up a class that keeps you from considering the change or were there instances where people actually bumped up in the past?

I ride an FZR and while I could have bumped to F2 I had more than enough races between DSB, V6 LW, and V6 MW that I did not. I actually thought about bumping up to V6HW and/or V7MW with the FZR as I'm close in times to those.

What about V6LW to Race 10 (V6 HW, V7MW)?

How about FSS to Race 8 (Clubman, V4, V3, 500GP)? Times shouldn't be a problem.

just throwing out ideas and hoping they conflict.

14. Killswitch

Killswitch Redneckistanian

I think V5 was already being moved there or race 12 maybe.

But It would work out well for me if V6LW went to #10 and V5 went to #12.

15. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

I’m looking for a second race besides my 500GP. It appears all my feasible Vintage bump-ups will be racing at the same time, so I’m looking at the more modern classes I can grid up with and not pose a safety concern. Bear in mind I’m on a 45 year old 30hp 2-stroke street bike so closing speeds at Roebling are a concern. I read through the rule book but don’t know enough about the modern classes to understand what would work.
    Thanks
    Mark

1) Grom Cup & WERA Minis (4 laps)
    2) C Superbike Ex & NV
    3) Formula 1 Expert & Novice, V8 HW
    4) LWT SS, DSB, ESS, V6 MW
    5) B Superbike Expert & Novice, V7 HW, V8 MW
    6) LWT SB, DSS, FSS,V6 LW,
    7) A Superbike Expert & Novice
    8) Clubman, V4, V3, 500GP
    9) C Superstock Expert & Novice
    10) V5, V6 HW, V7MW
    11) A Superstock Expert & Novice
    12) Formula 2 Ex & Nv
    13) HW & MW Senior Superbike Ex & Nv
    14) B Superstock Expert & Novice

videojack likes this.
  16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Give me some info on your bike and I'll try to help.

videojack and VFR#52 like this.
  17. videojack

Having a place for CB350s to bump up to would be appreciated as well.
    Still not sure about just how many full weekends I can give up to be at the track for two races.

18. videojack

Mark,
    I finally figured out who you are. The 19 number plate in your icon threw me for a loop. So what ever happened to that super screaming two stoke four cylinder monster you had at Roebling?

19. videojack

Mark is on a Yamaha RD (reed valve) 250 V1 machine.

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

CB 350 looks like it would go into E superstock. That's the Ninja 300 and R3 class. I wonder if we could get Mongo to allow these into the F class instead. Is it a 2 valve head? That might allow for some rewording on the F class rules.

E SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE

Up to 350cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled twins

Up to 375cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled singles

*There will be no bodywork or tire limitations in E Superstock. E Superstock bikes do not need to have DOT approval.