1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Vintage Classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no problem with the Hybrids but have to watch the wording on that one. Probably easiest just to allow V6LW.

50Joe likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mark - not going to quote all that but do want to ask for some ideas on the schedule layout that would work for those running the smokers.

ringdingding and VFR#52 like this.
  3. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Footwork I completely agree with you what Sean and Evelyn are doing is commendable. But in your post you are bashing vintage in general. You said "I'm actually surprised the vintage classes has pushed on this long" and "If that does not suit you, just don’t do it and stay home". By getting all puffed up and telling people to stay home if bla bla.... you may well run racers off. I know of nowhere on the internet that the rule-maker would even consider opening a discussion about rules without getting a bunch of crap. The vintage racers posting here do appreciate what Sean and Evelyn are doing. Even most folks here that will be affected by changes, still close by thanking Sean.

I'm currently building a V5 bike to go with my current V6HW. Who is going to run with current V5 is obviously in question. This will not stop me from finishing the build and racing it even if I have to change some things.

JBall, Scott K and 83BSA like this.
  4. charles

charles The Transporter

Thanks for thinking of the 'smokers'…suggestion: how about V5 and V6LW for RD350/400, Kawi 500/750, RG500, Yam TZ750, Yam RZ's? (Race #4 and Race #6)
    Rebuttals, inquiries, comments, refutations and insults invited.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not looking for rule changes as much as schedule changes to the class order from what I posted. I don't think the actual class rules need to be changed on that score do they? Even if we're not running all the old classes every weekend the same bump ups will apply an so on.

videojack likes this.
  6. Killswitch

Killswitch Redneckistanian

I would be okay if BOTH of these moves occurred ... I'm just really hoping V5 will be separated from both D races.

Mark, somewhere back in this thread I think V5 was suggested being moved to race #10 (V6HW and V7MW) ... which is fine with me. Wouldn't that help you as well without needing to move DSB?

I've been trying to keep up and I think this is what it looks like with the proposed changes: (V6LW is still an issue with me in this version, but I can live without bumping up to it)

1) Grom Cup & WERA Minis (4 laps)
    2) C Superbike Ex & NV
    3) Formula 1 Expert & Novice, V8 HW
    4) LWT SS, DSB, ESS, V6 MW
    5) B Superbike Expert & Novice, V7 HW, V8 MW
    6) LWT SB, DSS, FSS,V6 LW,
    7) A Superbike Expert & Novice
    8) Clubman, V4, V3, 500GP
    9) C Superstock Expert & Novice
    10) V5, V6 HW, V7MW
    11) A Superstock Expert & Novice
    12) Formula 2 Ex & Nv
    13) HW & MW Senior Superbike Ex & Nv
    14) B Superstock Expert & Novice

Eric

7. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Mark does have point on V-4 ... No V4 bikes have made the grid for years but one, have V4 ride up and that would open a extra space for a race....

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. Scott K

Scott K New Member

Good morning race fans. It has been very interesting for me, reading all the posts, as a wanna-be Newbie with a vintage Honda 350. It is obvious there is plenty of spirit left in the vintage gang, and I look forward to meeting you all- on whatever bike configuration fits- at the track. Thanks to Sean for the effort of trying to keep vintage alive. It seems to me the only way to really make a change for the collective vintage group is to recruit heavily until the numbers justify a change. Jack is bringing at least two new people to the group this year, if everyone followed suit it would be a good start. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

videojack likes this.
  9. charles

charles The Transporter

Eric:

If you don't mind, could you (or Mark) explain moving V5 to fit in with V6HW and V7MW? The move based on-----what, exactly?

Thanks,
    Charles

10. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

The best thing about this thread is the constructive dialogue and debate... :flag: I am confident it will get worked out to the betterment of WERA and Vintage...

videojack and rd400racer like this.
  11. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

I have a couple of quick questions, having never raced at a double header weekend. In the past Vintage was pulling out Saturday afternoon as Modern was pulling in. I’m assuming the pits are pretty full on weekends. Is it packed pretty tight at places like Tally?

Since GP and V1-2 will be combined, what will be the bump up from 500GP?

Thanks everyone for the effort to making this work.

Mark

12. Duck150

Mark.... V1 and V2 are nuke.... only gp 500. Gp 500 will bumb up to v3 .....

videojack likes this.
  13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Sean,
    What about forming a small committee to help sort all this out WITH you? I'd volunteer. Others could be Mark, Doug, Bob, and Charlie and Jack? That's a pretty good cross reference between different bikes and classes. The goal wouldn't be to rewrite the rulebook but to come up with the most inclusive schedule and also propose which V class bikes could be indexed into which Sportsman classes to help promote bigger grids.

There are conference call services that are easy to use and would allow us all to bounce ideas, etc off each other.

VFR#52 and Duck150 like this.
  14. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Ok thanks Doug. Looks like our bump up is run along with 500GP. I’m just trying to watch the race order and how many classes I can race.

15. Killswitch

Hi Charles,

I really think it was based mainly on Sean trying to accommodate changes we suggested. I had a problem with the initial schedule because I run V5/V6LW and DSB/DSS .... in the initial schedule those were paired up so I would have no choice but to choose running either vintage or modern this year. With Sean moving V5 to race #10 I at least get that vintage race back to where I can run it. V6LW is still an issue for me, but since it's my bump up I'm okay with not running it this year.

Sean suggested the V5 move back on page 7 somewhere: "I've already rethought and changed it. V6 MW is in with LWT SS instead of V5 and I put V5 behind the V6 HW and V7 MW. As always we'll be adjusting as we go along and figure out what works."

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. charles

charles The Transporter

Well, I think a consideration also is safety...closing speeds and such…will V5 bikes (and those which can 'bump' into V5) be okay in that respect with V6HW and V7MW machines?

17. Killswitch

Yes, I totally agree on the safety aspect - I wasn't really thinking of that because I'm not that familiar with the speeds of those other two classes. Maybe Mark's suggestion of moving V5 into Formula 2 (race #12) would work better??? I think F2 is mainly comprised of SVs (?) and I'm usually out with those when I run D classes on my Ex500. That move would still let me run V5 as well as both D classes ... I'd just still be out of V6LW.

18. Duck150

V5 bikes will be 5 to 6 seconds slower give or take a few, so starting from back should not make a difference in speed ......

19. Duck150

That would work also for v5 .....

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Welcome aboard…I have a good assortment of long screwdrivers if you should need one.

videojack likes this.