1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Endurance Series?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by RRP, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm ok with 4-6 hours...
    Limiting the number of riders doesn't make sense to me. We run 4 and 6 hour races with 2 of us, and if the other teams want to run 6 guys we're happy to have them make the extra stops. And that leaves more of them standing around so we can recruit them as crew.

2. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

How does having 6 riders versus 2 mean they have to make extra stops?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In a 4 hour? Stops every 35 or so minutes to get everyone a ride, in a 6 it'd be every 50 ish. Two riders could go 2 hours if they have the right tank.

4. Tristan

assuming they don't crash.....

5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Over the 4 rounds WERA put on this year, in combination with the practice days, we probably put in 700+ laps on the team bike...with not one rider going off track, let along crashing.

Staying upright is important...as you found out. :D

6. Tristan

I have no regrets....

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Always an assumption there :D

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

4 hr endurance leaves enough time in the day for a 2 hr ulw endurance, which helps pay the bills. Gotta get the series rolling again and the grids to increase before we think about longer races. I've heard the plan is a 4 round series for 2018 with a possible 5th round.

9. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

So true. :beer:

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I think it's worth mentioning there is a parallel to these 4-hour races and the CSS Team Challenges. They're easier to arrange and manage than 6-8 hours races. Also worth noting - once you go past 4 hours, you essentially have to swap a front tire. Now you're into an extra tire and quick change costs on the front.

While I can appreciate the true endurance races, the 4-hour is perfect. Short endurance with the team aspect that endurance racing provides. Can do quick change rear and fuel - but not a huge overall cost - and an easier time getting someone to volunteer their bike to get flogged for an extended period of time.

My two cents.

11. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

100% agree and I would love to see the ultralights increased to 3 or 4 hours too.

12. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

You guys are boring ;)

13. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

I thought this was a club racer forum, are you welcome?

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  14. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

4 hours really does make the most sense, and allows for a ultra lightweight event on the same day. It would be cool though for one of the events to be a 6 hour. That is starting to get to a real endurance length but still a decent ride for a two rider team.

15. Phil Young

Phil Young Well-Known Member

Sean, PLEASE come back to Grattan. And an iron butt class would be nice :clap:. If D&D can do 24 hrs with two riders and multipal engine changes surely one rider can do 4 hrs.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We did a 4 hour at Grattan a couple weeks ago :D

JBall likes this.
  17. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Missed you at the Grattan Phil. Practically a home race for you!

18. Phil Young

Phil Young Well-Known Member

Yep, read about it the week before on RRW. Kinda hard to be ready in a week. Now, how about a regular scheduled date? Please?:Poke:
    Wish I could have Joe, even Dan didn't know.

19. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

A week is 6 more days notice than you need!

renegade17 likes this.
  20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

There will be the same three rounds as this year but the dates might be shuffled around some ...
    We are trying for two additional dates.
    We will of course notify everyone as soon as possible.

Ride safe,
    AAron