1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 contingencies

Discussion in 'General' started by jonathanp, Mar 30, 2018.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Evelyne: "Who's this Edith Kraft on the results?"

Me: "Never heard of her."

:D

mpusch, TurboBlew, scottn and 2 others like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I have a sofa and possibly space in the garage for you, Rob.

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

As per our convo earlier...
    “Edith Had a great battle with Brenda Burns on the 912 BMW bike.”:crackup:

Ride safe,
    AAron

mpusch, TurboBlew and ekraft84 like this.
  5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

"It's a three-way battle with Samantha Gaige, all on BMW's!"

DucatiBomber likes this.
  6. solson1041

solson1041 Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I don't know anything about this, would the equation be different if it was only for Experts? If contingency isn't generally helpful, is there something a company like BMW could do that does help an organization like WERA and makes grids bigger, bring money to the series, etc etc? I like to think if my racing expenses got cut in half, I'd be at the track twice as often, but maybe that doesn't usually happen.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You have to look at who wins the money - it's usually the same half a dozen or dozen riders which does nothing for the hundreds of others. Doesn't matter who it goes to.

What they could do that would help is cash sponsorship to cover things like ever increasing track rental and help us keep costs down to you guys. Just got word yesterday the base bill for Road Atlanta for Cycle Jam will be 60 grand...

obcbr and solson1041 like this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:
    So, have you factored in the sex change costs yet?

Will they let you make payments?

:D Is that S. Cal sofa and garage space, or Montana?

Not sure I could handle the weather up there, so that will be a factor in my decision.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, that sounds like it is more than Miller..ahhh...Utah motorsports campus.

I'm sure Cycle Jam is a better more profitable event. I just remember years ago hearing what the rental fee was for Miller, and thought it was around $50K. I thought that was the most expensive place you rented, and wondered how you could keep going there? As I recall isn't AAA Speedway $25-30K for one day and that's why you split the weekend with Fastrack Riders?

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Pretty sure she’s friends with a Roberta Mclendon

ekraft84 likes this.
  11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

She's a nice girl. Always cat-fighting with Christina Broome though.

What's weird .. all the same bikes are gridding up in the expert races too..

12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Saving this for the future :D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Christina Broome is a slut...

Lol weird how these ladies come in and don’t even take their helmets off before going in their trailers/motorhomes. Then disappear the rest of the day.

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Do not know you Miss Kraft, but that is some funny stuff right there. :bow:

15. solson1041

solson1041 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer, that makes a lot of sense.

16. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

You have a 2015 or newer BMW some where you wanna sponsor me with? I am sure Mongo will let me come back as a novice. I will even start working tech again.

17. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Weird how everyone in the pits has number plates by the dozens, and half are yellow and half are white. Business gonna be booming for PopShadowDecals and DrippinWet! :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on what is included what they cost per day base and then total. Total out the door Road Atlanta I think is most, followed closely by ACS and Barber and yeah UMC was up there too which is why we had to stop when they wouldn't cut us a deal any longer.

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Dang road Atlanta is more than barber?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Total out the door cost for us yes. Base cost it looks cheaper but the after bill racks things up and Barbers base includes more. They're not all that far apart really. GNF last year pushed 90k total I believe (don't have the numbers handy).