1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017+ R6 ABS delete problems

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 05Yamabomber, Nov 16, 2020.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Hey guys,
    I just installed this SS build motor and ran it around the block without the ABS module plugged in or without the ABS delete.

I took it to a shop today to install a PCV and custom tune. I also got an ABS delete plug for them and they installed it.

He just called and told me I still dont have a speedo or quickshift and asked if I still had the OEM ABS module which I cant come up with.

If I ran it without the module before plugging in the delete do I need to reset it? Or could I have somehow switched a plug? I am pretty confident I got things plugged in right. Any advice is appreciated.

2. Kid

Kid Well-Known Member

Had the same problem, the plug in has to locked quite tightly, if one of the locking tabs break it will not have a solid connection. I zip tied mine tight, the bike will have to be re-started, if you just turn on the switch it won’t reset the check engine light.

3. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Thanks for the heads up. I think one of the tabs was missing. I bought it second hand. The shop installed it so I will tell them to try and zip tie it on tight. I may just buy another one but running out of time as it’s race week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I have a brand new I2M abs delete plug if you need one.

Hit me up @ 724-650-3232

5. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Thanks Greg, shop still couldnt get the original one to work so they warrantied it. New one arrives today. Hopefully no issues as Im leaving Friday to race so cutting it close.

6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Ended up being a faulty ABS plug.

Suzuka_joe likes this.