1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Kawasaki SuperTwin Ninja 650 Race Ready w/ spares

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by AFORREST4, Mar 20, 2021.

1. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

2017 Kawasaki "BUILT" Ninja 650 Race Ready (Lots of extra parts!!!). Bought with 147 miles on it with salvage title. It had bent forks and scratched bodywork. Have title. 1 race weekend and 3 practice sessions on bike since purchased. 0 Miles on it since Engine Refresh with new pistons, plugs, Cylinder bore, gaskets, etc. Does have a couple hours of dyno time on MA Speck Fuel since refresh. This is the first year of the new body style. Lighter and more traditional rear suspension.

Complete engine build by Alan Rodenborn with MotoAmerica competition in mind. Built for multiple seasons, not regular rebuilding. Have receipts. Highlights are: Weisco pistons, overbore, Hot Cams, custom head polish and shaved to maximize MA Spec Fuel. (Race Fuel only, no less than 94 octane). Modified airbox and bored throttle bodies with extras removed. 2 spare stock throttle bodies etc. Dyno ed at 92.55 hp with 94 octane no air filter and stock 160 tire, and 87.3 hp with MA speck fuel, bigger zx-6 180 rim and tire, and k&n style air filter. Both runs with stock gearing (have dyno sheets). Should be higher with better race fuel. (Alan is a well known Kawasaki 650 engine builder for AMA flat track racing).

KWR Aluminum Fairing Stay, KWR Aluminum Subframe, KWR Racing Bodywork. (Came with ram air box top and seal. But would need lower box to work.) Windscreen has small crack from using the incorrect drill bit. But it is behind the bodywork so you can’t see it.

Vortex clip ons, Bonamici adjustable rear-sets. With spare pegs, shifter, and lever.

ZX-6 front end with K-tech internals. Fresh service before race weekend by Velocity Calibrations. Includes zx-6 brake calipers, Galfer braded lines, Vortex XX pads, (spare used pads), Motul racing fluid, and brand new GSXR – 600 master cylinder (never used 0 miles).

Ohliens rear shock fresh with height adj. 0 miles since latest refresh. Built and services by Thermosman.

Wheels: 1 full set stock wheels (very light) 120/160. 1 full set zx-6 set 120/180. 1 extra spare stock front (needs new bearings and spacer to work on the zx-6 front end) (have bearings, but not the spacer). 1 extra spare zx-6 rear wheel 180. Set on bike currently is either Pirelli or Bridgstone slicks with life left 120/180. Stock rear has a brand new Pirelli 160 on it (0 miles).

Full Hindle Racing Exhaust with new never used removable spark arrestor (if needed for a track with sound limit). The shorter system makes it a much deeper sound then the other 650s on the grid. It is an amazing sound.

IRC Stand Alone quick Shifter (currently regular shift)

Power Commander stand-alone fuel system.

Full size R&G case covers.

New GSXR front Stabilizer for WERA rules. Geometry set so it isn't needed, but some organizations require it.

Lightweight Ballistic Lithium Battery

Other Spares: assorted brand new Vortex sprockets, set of coils, rectifier regulator (works but slowly has battery drain if sits not running). Grips, almost all stock parts. Brakes, 2 shocks, bodywork, rear sets, nuts bolts, etc.

½ can of MA Spec Fuel (if I recall it was Hundreds of dollars for the can of fuel).
    I built this to race MA 2 years ago, but had a bad day on my other racebike. I'm still healing from that accident so deciding to sell. The few times I rode it, it was very competitive. It would draft past overbore built FZ-07s and SV's on the straight at Mid-O. The rear shock was too short causing it to go wide while exiting turns so Thermosman has since lengthened the shock for better geometry (0 miles on it).
    Currently legal to race LWT Superbike, Formula 2, any bigger classes, and possibly MA (I haven't checked any rules the last 2 years. May need to update a few parts).
    Pit bull pins for TRS system will go with it, if desired.
    Willing to travel some for the right deal. Located in Cincinati OH area 45236.

Asking $9,950 for everything. OBO
    Call or TXT Eight 59- Six 30- three 963 if interested in purchase. No solicitations.

650 Rt Side Front.jpg 650 Front.jpg 650 Frt No Fairing Stabilizer.jpg 650 lft side.jpg 650 Alm Subfrm. Lith Batt. PC.jpg 650 Ohlins shock.jpg 650 Dash. Alm Stay. trpl fks.jpg 650 spare 8 rims sprockets chain etc.jpg 650 Spare 4 Ram air gaskets etc.jpg VP MGP Fuel.jpg

irwnn likes this.
  2. AFORREST4

650 Spare 2 Thrtl Bdy RR etc.jpg 650 1st Eng receipt.jpg 650 Dyno 160 tire.jpg 650 Dyno 180 tire air filter MA fuel.jpg 650 Spare 5 stock parts master caliper etc.jpg 650 Spare 7 factory bodywork not complete.jpg 650 Spare 3 Shocks parts.jpg

irwnn likes this.
  3. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

Absolutely KILLER deal... GLWS!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Damn Andy - that’s a lot of bike for what you’re asking.

irwnn likes this.
  5. AFORREST4

Thanks Mark. I will definitely be loosing some of the "investment" I sold to my wife to justify the spend.
    ;)

6. AFORREST4

May consider trades for enduro with electric start. Preferably fuel inj. Or a fun car. Already have a truck and a jeep.

irwnn likes this.
  7. AFORREST4

Price drop. $9,500 OBO for everything or possible trades for enduro or fun car.

8. AFORREST4

Price drop. $9,000 OBO for everything or possible trades for enduro or fun car.

Buell1965 likes this.
  9. AFORREST4

$8,500 OBO for everything or possible trades for enduro or fun car.

irwnn likes this.
  10. AFORREST4

May be open to other trades.

11. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

Can hardly believe this thing is still available at this price.

With the, very nearly, 30k I have in my Isle of Man TT Ninja 650s, the fact that nobody has snatched this up at less than 10k doesn't bode well for my resale value! [emoji85]

GLWS!!!

12. AFORREST4

I believe the issue is, Kawi was wishy washy about supporting this model when it first came out in the USA. No contingency in most of the regional and national organizations the first year. Causing most of the established teams to stick with other brands. Most in the USA don't know the dominance of the Kawi overseas. A buddy & I started building two of these. He didn't have the time to finish his and sold it to someone in Europe. I held onto mine hoping to race it. But I haven't healed from an accident. So putting it up for sale. Killing me to let it go for this little. Can't wait to see it on track drafting past most of the competition. :)

irwnn likes this.
  13. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

That is going to be great to see.

If I had the spare cash I'd buy this thing in a heartbeat just for the cool goodies. [emoji41]

14. AFORREST4

Able to deliver to Mid Ohio for Vintage Motorcycle Days on Friday 7.25.21.

15. AFORREST4

Willing to deliver to NCM this weekend.

16. raven21

raven21 Well-Known Member

You coming to NCM? You should bring this regardless so i can test ride it.

17. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

Sounds like a rental opportunity. [emoji16]

18. AFORREST4

19. AFORREST4