1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Dyno comparison (new Gixxer)

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Feb 16, 2017.

1. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

What ECU are they running in BSB? Yosh Kit ECU?

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

3. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

4. You don’t realize how great Autoblip is till you use it. Clutchless downshifts are awesome.

I didn’t truly appreciate it till I started racing the 1299S back to back with the R6.

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just got my 1st bike with auto blip....40 miles on it, damn it's hard to trust that no clutch thing. Works great, just 45 years of habit is hard to break.

6. Funny thing is that I don’t use the Autoblip on the Multistrada. I have used it a few times, but I normally don’t because I’m trying to retrain myself to use Standard shift pattern.

It is easy to mess up when you can shift clutchlessly in both directions.

7. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's interesting that in BSB they actually make you pull features off that come standard on the bike.

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

OEM TC is pretty shit tier at the track though for the fast guys. Honda and Kawi's most recent attempts have been pretty lambasted by the press.

Isn't everyone in MA running Motec or something similar anyhow?

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Love the raw aluminum frame on the BSB bike.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Perhaps, but as they mentioned in the video this year in the Superstock class they've been flashing the OEM ECU's and tinkering with the TC so some degree of success it sounds like. Funny that they would use TC in Superstock but not in Superbike.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

PB long term update.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Word from Intermot is the next gixxer has braided lines up front and adj swingarm pivot. QS w blipper is standard.

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Any word on the color combos for the BNG?

15. That’s why they make the STK 1000’s run tires with way less grip or they’d be faster than the superbikes.

16. Need more than swingarm pivot to compensate for lack of rear grip.

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I haven't caught the last few rounds of BSB, but where they struggling with rear tire grip on the Superstock bikes recently? Seemed like they came out of the gate winning against a lot of bikes with a lot more development time with this model. Didn't seem like there were grip issues in MA until the rear tire got changed on them.

18. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Yep, Also looks like OEM position is up in the frame.

I wonder if the rear linkage, swingarm, or shock length changed at all for 2019?
    It would be real interesting to see how center position on swingarm mount compares on 2018 - 2019 bikes.

Attached Files:

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yet another swinging arm? What are the holes/bungs/whatchamajiggers for?

[​IMG]

20. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Looks like some kinda reinforcement.