1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Dyno comparison (new Gixxer)

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I completely missed it. I blame it on the color :D

track wagon likes this.
  2. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

If you comment was an 100% honest question than I apologize but I would have to assume that you were mocking me considering the big N2 sticker on my front fender and we had previous conversations on the forum where I stated I am washed up racer that only does track days.

3. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Yea it is really cool. I had someone interested in buying my OEM dash so I figure now is a good time to upgrade while I can get good money for it.

One of the coolest things it can do is adjust traction/fuel maps based on GPS location.
    You would really have to spend some time tweaking but theoretically you could do things like bump up wheelie control for some spots on the track where bike really needs it.

https://i2m.it/en/products/chrome-pro/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Gorilla George and Steeltoe like this.
  4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

There's a dude selling a new one of the mid level ones in one of my FB groups for 1200eur if you're interested. Model below Pro. I think it was for an RSV4 but they're saying new connector is like $80.

5. I didn't see the N2 sticker (BTW, Nesba sucks. :D).

6. Now see, that shit would be handy. Like at Road Atlanta, have it dial in the Wheelie Control at wheelie hill after T5, and under the bridge before T12, but then dial it down the rest of the track so it doesn't cut acceleration so much.

Or at Barber, have it dial up the WC after you exit the corner with the bigass spider, and then again over the hill after the 2nd high speed chicane, but then lower everywhere else.

I think it would take some time working up to fully trusting it and keeping the throttle pinned though. I would probably still cover the rear brake, especially since I would be risking looping my shit by relying on the little box to accurately maintaining a GPS signal.

track wagon likes this.
  7. Sweatypants

remember when (you probably don't) Nicky's got screwed up one time and it was telling the ECU he was on a different part of the track than he actually was? i can't remember if he crashed or not, but it was fucking up his riding and power all over the place.

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

My understanding is that now a days the settings reset every time you cross the finish line. So if for some reason they get "lost" in the middle of a lap, it will set back to normal next lap.

9. Sweatypants

i thought they banned teams being able to do that at all, but maybe i missed it, i haven't really been paying attention to detailed regs the past few years. at least that's something. these are also on $25k ECUs though and things still go wrong. i dunno that i'd put my full trust in a $1900 dash unit to do the same as a top tier Magnetti or Motec standalone ECU. i get weary of gadget-gimmicks for street level or amateur level riders that could have safety implications, but then things have come a long way in the past decade... *shrug*

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Sweatypants

11. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

That thing is sexy!!!

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Need to show this to Boccarp and tell him to step up!

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

They make one for the Panigale. I'm surprised Chaotic hasn't got one yet.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

But gixxer

shakazulu12 and renegade17 like this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

As seen at Suzuka 8 Hrs 2018

"SUZUKI XRJ1 - The Factory Endurance Superbike.

Based off the new GSXR1000R, but with technology passed down from the current MotoGP GSXRR; the XJR1 is the pinnacle of current homologation based Suzuki superbikes. As there is no Suzuki WSBK team, these top spec machines only exist within JSB, EWC and MotoAmerica. British Superbike uses the production based chassis - non XRJ1. Using a full-factory engine in both sprint AND endurance format - the bike has over 220HP at the rear wheel, weights exactly 175kg in Endurance trim with 24L tank and revs to 15'000RPM.

Visual comparison of the GSXR superbike and the XJR1 from photos taken at the 2018 Suzuka 8 Hour clearly show the variation in parts.
    Team Kagayama, Yoshimura, S-Pulse and SERT are all running full Factory chassis. Notice that Team Titan's Superbike class entry appears much closer to the S-Supply SuperSTOCK 1000."
    https://www.facebook.com/suzuka8h/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

So how much is the payment on that with the late fee?

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Adj swingarm pivot on the XRJ1

[​IMG]

bacolmm likes this.
  18. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Yep frame is different and swingarm pivot hole is machined. I wonder what else they changed on the superbike frame.

19. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Look at how the headers cross

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And there is some extra pipe and valve thing on the works exhaust. And that little can doohickey in the mid-pipe.

What gets me are the different swingarms. SERT and Kagayama look like the one on the GSXRR. Same as Yosh USA. The ones on Yosh Japan and S-Pulse look like something else altogether. And they have that little access plate on the bottom instead of the hole.