1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Dyno comparison (new Gixxer)

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Don't ever type that again.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Richard Cooper Hawk Racing Bennett's Suzuki BSB Superstock. Assen race livery.
    Currently 2nd place in the championship.

[​IMG]

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Super STOCK? Lol

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Surely not with those forks/and wheels ?

5. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

He's running a Superbike for the Assen round because the SSTK1000's don't race there.

6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Thats it? What the hell else are they spending their money on that cant get them to lead any series?

Jesus.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm hoping for Broome to come in and see that gap between the tank and frame.

8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

He's going to be more pissed about the stripes on the subframe not lining up with the stripes on the front fairing.

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

....or the dark blue stripe that stops 1/2-way across the tank, or shit, look at that crooked hat!

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Australian Superbike Championship, 1st place.

[​IMG]

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

201 hp. These bikes are amazing.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Actually it said 203.67hp with an ECU reflash, custom fuel map, Aliened full exhaust and Sprint air filter running MR12.

I have no idea if Brock's dyno is historically happy or on the spot?

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Same bike made 164rwhp so I dont think his dyno is too happy.

bbsteinnewyork likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Unreal the amount of a power a few bolt ons, flash and map can pull out of it.

15. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Emissions yo

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That is true....40hp gain with bolt-ons and race fuel ain't bad at all for sure.

17. If the new GSXR is as badass in real life as they made it in Ride 2 (video game), then it is a beast.

I always like to race with my maxed out 2005 one first, just to see if I can win with it (against all the modern bikes). It is possible, but only at certain tracks, and you have to ride like a real asshole. You HAVE to get out front immediately off the launch. If an AI rider exits T2 in the lead, he will check out. But if you can get in front, you can ride defensively, bump them off the track, etc and still win.

But like I said, that’s only at certain tracks. The 2005 doesn’t handle as well and can’t carry the same corner speed; it can’t carry the same lines.

For example, that really long right hander at Monza (after the T1 chicane), other bikes can carry full throttle the whole way around it. The 2005 can’t, it runs wide and off the track.

But the 2017...they made it super badass in the game. They made it so it changes directions and handles damn near just as good as the Honda RC213V MotoGP replica.

18. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Well, we know Opie can ride anything well but back in August at Tally on his first weekend on his he ran a 57.468 on it so it definitely has the potential

19. Brock does some good stuff and is very methodical adding power to bikes. He's certainly created a healthy customer base in the straight line market.

20. You really have to separate the removal of emissions and then power adders to really peg the potential of the engine. I'd love to see a step by step comparison of all the top bikes post emissions then steps to adding power. Would be a large and expensive task and would need a shop building all the bikes at the same time. I'm sure there's enough data out there to look at gains on each dyno but none the less would be interesting all at the same shop. This emissions trend isn't going away anytime soon so that ecu flash market will continue to grow.