1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 KTM 450 SFX

Discussion in 'General' started by TLR67, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Get knee braces :D

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

At my age I’m gonna look like robo cop riding this thing... any good places for gear? I might buy a helmet from Van and put some Saran Wrap on it and ship it back since it didn’t come with boots...lol

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Was gonna say STG...

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

check out closeouts on rocky mountain ATV as well. can score some decent deals on last years stuff.

Phl218 and TLR67 like this.
  5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

2nd for the close out section of rocky mountain atv and mc. they have a warehouse in Ky. so, shipping maybe next day for you, at no extra charge.

shin/knee guards yes, knee braces... not so much. think: the brace may protect the joint, at the cost of your femur, tib fib bones. Dr. Mark on thumpertalk.com (prominent ortho doc) doesnt promote the use of braces. at our age, we are woods riding, not hitting giant triples and doubles etc... Ski

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

I rather break a femur at the stress point (end of brace) vs having another knee ordeal.

Had the same in my 20s snowboarding. Gloves with wrist guards protected the wrist but caused 2 clean fractures on the lower arm. Easy to operate and plate.

7. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Catching your foot on a root or branch and it twisting your knee is real shit. Not much of a chance of breaking a bone but a good possibility of making a mess of your joints.

I just switched to braces from regular knee/shin pad and I only trail ride. I won’t go back.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

I “only” slipped on a muddy trail and got the foot stuck trying to catch it. Boom, knee gone.

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Speaking of, the best piece of gear to get with a dirty bike is EXCELLENT HEALTH INSURANCE

:D

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

DON’T YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!!!

Lol...

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Same thing my wife is saying.... Hence I need to find another job quick so I can really ride...

12. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Been there, done that.

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

pretty sure most people get way more banged up on dirt bikes than roadrace bikes.. myself included. REALLY glad i have health insurance (but it's expensive).

Phl218 and TLR67 like this.