1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 GSX-R750 Master Cylinder Upgrade

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JustAnotherSquid, Apr 6, 2021.

1. JustAnotherSquid

JustAnotherSquid Used to ride a motorcycle

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you want 19x20? Is this for a track bike and/or street?

19x18 = track
    19x20 = street
    19 PRS (accossato) = track/street
    19 RCS ( brembo) = track/street

For the average joe rider at the track, you don't need a billet MC. Hell, most of us would never see the benefit of a billet MC. It's an expensive part that usually gets damaged in a crash.

I've been using Accossato forever. Hard Racing has the best prices for MC's.

https://store.hardracing.com/acc-cy...ylinder-w-folding-lever-rst.html?category_id=

JustAnotherSquid likes this.
  3. JustAnotherSquid

No I'm not sure. I have no idea what I'm doing and your advice/guidance is appreciated. My GSX-R is track-only.

Thanks for the Hard Racing link. They are right down the street from me (relatively speaking).

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

are your clipons still stock?
    Was 1/2 assed helping someone with installing new clip ons on a gsxr and there were more things I couldnt do til they got back until we test fitted locations like bar distance, switch gear, lever location, etc. OEM length were 7" vs the aftermarket that were 9"
    Also youre going to need some kind relocation bracket for the reservoir.

5. JustAnotherSquid

Yes, stock clipons. I was going to buy whichever reservoir kit goes with the MC and that should have the bracket I need, right?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

7. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Nevermind... brain fart.

8. Trandyd

Trandyd Well-Known Member

I have the Accossato on my 14 with stock calibers and SS lines. 99% track. Super happy with this setup. I just made a resovoir bracket. Best bang for the buck for me.

9. gapman789

Or just use the stock bracket, bend it in place and attach it to one of the Vortex clipon bolts on top by the fork tube.

'15 GSXR 750 and '12 GSXR 600

GSXR MC.jpg GSXR MC1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  10. gapman789

Slap some '09 GSXR 1000 monoblock calipers on there and you'll be even more 'super happy'.

11. Trandyd

Trandyd Well-Known Member

I will start looking for a set. Thanks

12. JustAnotherSquid

Thanks for the advice everyone. Just ordered a new MC. The upgrade timeline got advanced a bit when I flipped the bike Saturday and Road Atlanta and crushed the existing brake reservoir and bracket. :oops: