1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 12, 2011.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

The two weekends at Tally is a bit ridiculous, everything else looks fantastic. :up:

Glad to see the southeast schedule is still healthy.

Two endurance rounds at at Road Atlanta, awesome.

2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:D
    Just happy to be racing!

3. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Bring a heater!

4. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

Sean, I am quite upset we are not racing at _______________ (track). Also why is ____________ (track) in the ___________ region. It is _______ (miles or hours) from my house. that means i have to take ____ (# of days) off from work. I also extremely upset that _______ (flavor) pies have been removed from the award ceremony.

:moon:
    Looks good, Im hoping to do the MA schedule next year

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

For all the SE Sportsman rounds:

Can you clarify which events, if any, V7MW and HW will NOT run.

I am asking due to the fact these two classes have run on various weekends where Vintage 1-5 didn't run???

Thanks!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They run every weekend. Same as always.

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I don't really have a home region anymore :( But that's mainly due to Nashville being eliminated which I'm guessing was the final straw in eliminating mid-central. I'd say I'd like to see another round at Jennings, but realistically, I probably couldn't make both anyways. All in all, not bad considering what WERA has to work with. Will definitely be trying to make the NOLA round.

8. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

4 weekends at Tally??? 2 of them in the cold/snow 3 weeks apart??? Really? Seriously?

That's my only real issue other then preferring the gnf's at RA...

Any chance of swapping a Tally date with AMP? or just not having it at all... 9-10 races is good. We don't need 11 by adding that tally date in.... enduring the frigid cold of tally once a year is more then enough. Asking us to do it twice is just cruel.

9. .....and some cold gear.

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

One thing I don't understand is the move from VIR to Road for cycle jam. Quite frankly, it doesn't bother me since the trip is now half the distance but regionally, I don't understand the move. It seemed like cycle jam had a pretty good turnout this year and I would think you're going to lose a lot of the northern racers by moving it south.

11. I like it Sean, nice work :up:

I am freaking PUMPED about the double header at Jennings :clap:

I like the Cycle Jam at Road Atlanta too.

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Since the Saturday vintage races have less than 6 weekends in each region, will the national championship be decided on a winner takes all basis like the sportsman series at the GNF? Or, will a new points formula be rolled out using yearly finishes plus the GNF to decide the national champions?

13. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I would think you might see a few pro riders at the Nola event, being the week after AMA Barber and they are talking about an official test during that week.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

AMP? Seriously? You're stoned.... :D

Tally in February is not always cold, it's usually pretty nice really, you just remember the cold ones.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just got the dates done, give me a few on the other stuff.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wonder if that's why I took it from us on their schedule to me actually putting it on ours ;)

17. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

:clap::clap::clap:

18. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

Actually I would prefer dropping the first two tally races altogether. I was just trying to give an alternative that might come to fruition?? :D With the Tally national and the gnf's, the SE has 13 races for the season...losing 2 wouldn't hurt my feelings, especially if they are tally in the cold...

19. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Not that it really matters, but the dates are out of order in the NC.

Good work on the calendar! We'll still be racing!

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Shouldn't you be more concerned with changing the status in your signature? :Poke: