1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Triumph 675 Starting Issue

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ROSSIFAN, Apr 6, 2021.

1. ROSSIFAN

ROSSIFAN Well-Known Member

I have a 2012 675 that I am encountering starting issues with. When I hit the start button, there is nothing. I have checked all of the basic sensor related stuff as well as changed the starter relay. I think there may be an issue with the electrical relating to the B6 port on the ECU. Does anyone have a complete wiring diagram for this model? Also, are the Triumph ECUs VIN specific? I am thinking about replacing the ECU if I can't find a wiring diagram, but want to make sure there are no issues with switching ECUs between similar years.

2. Jeveritt

Jeveritt Well-Known Member

First I would of checked the starter relays and fuse, like you did, also turn the bars and try hitting the starter button Twice on 2 seperate daytona's I've had wires break around or near the steering head. You should be able to use any ECU from 2009-2012

R/T Performance likes this.
  3. ROSSIFAN

Thanks for the feedback. There does not appear to be any broken wires near the steering head. The B6 pin on the ECU is looking like my issue. If it is just a ground, maybe I can ground it somewhere else. Whenever, I close the circuit using a test light, the bike starts without a problem. I am just unsure of what this pin is. If I can't get a wiring diagram, I may just try a new ECU and see if that fixes it without affecting anything else.

4. jeff92

jeff92 Active Member

Just had this problem on an 09 Street Triple this weekend. Chased it to a bad starter switch on the bar after checking fuses and relays. The contact on the start button was dodgy, cleaned it and resoldered the connections and was back in business. Made the mistake of not checking the simple things first and spent half the day chasing our tail.

5. ROSSIFAN

Thanks. I'll give that a look as well. Electrical problems are the worst.

6. jeff92

jeff92 Active Member

We just assumed the switch was okay since the relay would click and the headlights would go out like normal. Once we pulled it apart and jumped the contacts it would start. Good luck, it can be frustrating for sure.

7. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

Ive had my side stand switch and quick shifter both give me issues with occasional failure to start. Might be worth a quick look. The side stand switch will get stuck down and/or the quick shifter tries to kill ignition during start ups. I unhook the positive battery terminal and reconnect; it will reset and start.

8. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Mine was the clutch switch
    Had to mess with it before it would crank over
    Took the clutch switch off and wired it direct and then the quick shifter wouldn't work