1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Rules

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Sorry, I assumed this was a newbie asking... my bad.

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Thanx for the direct answer in the first para. You kinda lost me on the second.....I know Lyn's 250 is a good match in V1, but I've never run Summit....no data for me.

I'm pretty sure Walker would be fine. I did the same as Robin.

And Eric......Come on man, dont get him all puffed up...you dont have to put up with him! :) ....I keed I keed, I've been trying to get Walker to come out to the "Dark Side" event for quite some time.....Just dont tell nobody, and we'll see what we can put together.....yeah.

3. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

vintage at road atlanta cycle jam?

:Poke:Mongo, will there be vintage gp and V1-V6lw at the june 7th -10th road atlanta round?We really need to know this as soon as possible to plan for a very abbreviated schedule this year.....to let our employers know, use up vacation days, etc. Also ,What's the OFFICIAL 2012 ruling on vintage championship pts? Is it best of 4 rounds plus double for the gnf at barber? thanks, keith

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I am going to throw this one out there and see what the great unwashed masses have to say;

Allow 17" wheels in all vintage classes. I am getting a little tired of the prices for 18" race rubber. With 17 " allowed, we could all take advantage of some more contingency and have a better selection of tires and manufacturers.

Ken

5. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

We don't need 17 wheels in gp class,or v1-v3.In v-4 and v-5 17 are already used.The tires in gp and v-1 to v-3 are fine with the 18 on them.:beer:

6. kenessex

I wish I could run 17" on my V-2 bike. Then I could run cheaper better tires from a variety of manufacturers. As it is, I have to find some 18" wheels and drag out my old set of Avons, or buy new Avons or Dunlop or Hiedenau.

Ken

7. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

18" tires/wheels are a period correct thing, right?

8. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

I agree with Doug, 18" are fine, especially on the smaller bikes.

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

True....but a lot of the older bikes had 19" wheels and 18's weren't considered.

10. kenessex

My Ascot is a V-2 legal bike and while I agree that the 18" is "fine", if I could keep the 17" that I have on there, I could run better tires, cheaper. It is also cheaper or the same price for me to find a set of 17" wheels on E-bay than suitable 18". If I could run 17" on my CB350, I would.

Ken

11. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Ken, what exactly are these cheaper better tires?.....streetbike tires?

For the most part, I have no problems with the current 18" offerings.

12. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

What happened to the stock Ascot wheels? I am assuming based on age of the machine that the Ascot was performance indexed into V2. No need to change rules, WERA already has a class for 80's bikes running 17" wheels.... it's called V4 :Poke:

13. kenessex

The stock Ascot wheels are narrow 19/18. I have 17" CBR600 wheels on it for riding on the street. If I could race it with those wheels I would probably run the Bridgestone BT003 on it that the 250 ninjettes run. Since I have to run 18s I will get a VF750S front wheel and a VF500F rear, since they are the maximum width 18s for the class. I already have a Seca 550 with 17" wheels for V-4 and an FZ600 with 17" wheels for V5, not to mention a CB350 for V-1 and a DT1 that I will fit in somewhere.

Ken

14. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

I keep mentioning the RD250 since it is a lesser evil than an R5. Some folks seem to be on the fence about the R5 but are like, an RD250 reed valve, six speeds, no way man. Either or both would be a nice addition to GP500 in a limited mod spec. Not a threat to real GP500 machines but, a nice alternative to running a CB, without being too much for them. And it wouldnt take alot of effort to get race ready.

Its called performance indexing.

15. ringdingding

Dude, they must have some really good shit in Alaska. You are really out there, far out. :D

16. ringdingding

Now your talking, you might want to raise it in small increments. But, get it to run past ten grand, keep in touch with the CB's in the turns and nail them on the straights.

17. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

I can come in from each practice and raise the ports with a hand file until it runs as fast as needed. I can have Doug check my progress with his radar gun. :up:

Mark

18. ringdingding

Nah, use a dremmel.:D Careful you dont go too far, if you make too much power, it may become unridable.