1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Rules

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Feb 23, 2012.

1. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

how bout kickin your V1 motor back into shape and come out for a race! Your acting like its a Vincent or something to put back together- just do it man!

2. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I love that Led Zep line.............What is and what will never be................................

3. footwork

ok - im in on this thread for a while.... thats funny doug

4. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

BLAM! Bowie with a coherent zinger! :D

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I did get my blaster all set up and running good, did a set of cases for it a couple weeks ago.....I've got a crate with your name on it.

I've got a second motor from Daytona 2011 with a burnt valve....the stocker you saw at Barber a couple yrs ago with the valves all crossed up, holed piston....

Chassis cracked alot. Sent my works shocks in for service, junk.

Time to start totally over....but I'm gonna get some of this other stuff done first. Tired of just gettin by and making races.

Refi on the house is hurting budget as well....till its done.

Dont get me wrong, I miss it alot.

Says the guy who took 10 years to build a Lil' Duc......:rolleyes::Poke:

6. footwork

racing is gonna get a lot better if we can piss eachother off enough!

7. CharlieY

Come now sir....you'll have to do better than that to stir me up! :D

I hope all is well over there ITP.....give Russel a jab for me.:beer:

8. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Are you suggesting with a sufficient amount of red mist I could beat even you with my DS7? I doubt that a lot. And what if you have your red mist going, someody's gonna get hurt...... Probably me :D

That DS7 in Alpharetta needs to drop a zero off the price to be an affordable racebike.

Now if I can get a job I might be able to see you guys at Barber in May. :up:
    Mark

9. CharlieY

Sounds like some testing should be done. :rolleyes:

Hope to see ya out there Mark....good luck with all the recent changes.

10. james walker

i'd say yes. point A to point B is a drag race. David's little DS7 has been clocked faster than those CB derelicts down Roebling's straight numerous times. carrying all the speed i can out of the last turn on the front straight...stock unbraced frame wiggling and protesting, front end dancing and twitching, throttle pinned...and he still gets clocked faster than me. 'carry all that into and thru a set of curves and i'd say yyye...well, i'd assume i could at very least beat myself on a DS7.

too many variables to weigh tho', i guess. someone's just gonna have to loan me a decently build DS7, bearing in mind that my CB has a bone stock motor and 115lbs of CL stock exhaust, so i can do some extensive back to back testing. red mist is optional unless Bowie steals all the beer again then it's mandatory.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  11. drgonzo

drgonzo Well-Known Member

This is 350GP legal. Cool.
    [​IMG]

12. CharlieY

Some guy ran one at GNF last year.....that thing was fast.

Maybe year before last....he won the 500GP race.

13. james walker

Yep. Last year.

And fast? He wasn't around long enough to race with. he checked out on lap one on the back straight and was flat gone. :up:

14. drgonzo

And he could have run it in 350gp.
    350 GP
    Pre 1970 2 stroke twins up to 250cc.
    Pre 1968 4 stroke twins up to 350cc.
    Pre 1969 4 stroke singles up to 350cc.
    Pre 1979 factory road racers up to 125cc.
    Honda 350cc twins with the following limitations: OEM Honda twin frame and swingarm (frame per Superbike rules, swingarm must remain stock), all other items must remain per Superstock rules except the following: any ignition system and coils, aftermarket cam chain and/or tensioners, any internal expanding drum brakes, any diameter period forks to class maximum diameter, any period body work/fairing, starter and charging system may be removed, wiring harness may be modified and airbox may be removed.
    Among the eligible 350 GP machines are the following: Aermacchi/H-D 350cc 4-stroke singles; AJS 7R 4-speed; BSA 350, BSA 441; Bultaco 125/200 TSS; Ducati 350; Honda 305 Superhawk, CR-77 and the restricted 350cc twins listed above; Norton 350; Royal Enfield 500cc singles any year; Suzuki X-6, T-250;Yamaha TD1, B, C, and DS7(up to 3mm over) without carb restrictions.

15. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

He did.................

16. drgonzo

Yup, I looked it up, he DNF'd in 350.

17. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

What's a " super duper 350 stocker " ? Sounds like a contradiction of terms...:Poke: I'm takin my 8 yr old granddaughter to Disney tomorrow for sping break so leave me alone.:Pop:

18. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

Goofy taking the granddaughter to see Mickey. Sweet.

19. CharlieY

BAM! :)

20. drgonzo

Not a CB but on my XS2 I moved the footpegs up, then modified some clubmans that extended farther forward thus making the pegs seem farther back. Not exactley a rear-set stance but better and it gets some weight on the front wheel.:up: