1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Honda Fireblade (CBR 1000) pictures leaked

Discussion in 'General' started by vonstallin, Aug 18, 2011.

1. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

These are the first photos of Honda’s 2012 Fireblade. Besides the new angular styling, the bike has Big Piston Forks, new rear suspension, new clocks and lightweight wheels.
    Those hoping for a V4 will be disappointed, as the engine appears almost identical to this year’s model. Also, there are no signs of any traction control – the switchgear has no extra buttons and the new dash has nothing to indicate there are any S1000RR-rivalling electronics.
    The bike in the photos does not have any wheel speed sensor rings, so it seems Honda will continue to give customers the option to do without ABS.
    The photos were posted on Honda’s Hong Kong Facebook page, but have now been taken down.

Tons of pictures on the Honda 1000 message board.

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/general-discussion/95069-2012-cbr-1000rr-fireblade.html

A few to wet your appitite...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

looks nice, but who cares how it looks...it'll be in race plastics anyway...now hopefully the engines don't burn oil ;)

3. vonstallin

Should look awsome in race trim.
    Do Honda pay contingency?

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

CBR 1000 or CBR 1000RR?

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I like the wheels, but I think the current tach would be easier to read at a glance.

I also wonder if they updated the cam pulse sensor design.

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

7. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

:stupid:

i prefer analog tachs.

im really waiting for a honda v4 liter to get excited.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm glad Honda finally dumped those 3 spoke wheels and added a gear position indicator.

9. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Looks nice, Roger may have finally found a new sportbike to drool over. It probably won't come to the US in that colorway, which would be a shame.

10. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

11. 418

418 Expert #59

Looks like a Ninja 250 is you squint hard enough...

12. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Can the photos really be considered "leaked" when the bike has been parked on a public street for an obvious photo op?

13. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

I like it but why did the steal the BMW colors

14. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

You mean that Honda has not been red, white and blue before BMW's S1000RR? :rolleyes:

15. vonstallin

They hear you....

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/6429/new-honda-rvf-to-use-1000cc-engine-for-racing

bad PS

[​IMG]

full article at URL....

16. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i read that a few weeks back, and saw the horrible "rendering". i hope that does happend. cant wait for real info on it.

17. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

BMW has been using the white with the red blue lines on there cars for along time

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

My first thought was, "Nice Beemer." :D

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

same tail, swingarm, exhaust, front fender? how old is the damn thing now? on its 5th year? and this is what they bring to the table for year 6? slummin'.

20. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Screw the still pictures.
    Wake me up when Stoner is riding it slideways, smoking the tyres in a commercial.