1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Gsxr 1000 Flash ECU TOBC

Discussion in 'Tech' started by YZROOSTINYA, Jan 12, 2018.

1. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

I picked up an ECU that was flashed for TOBC. Was curious if anyone knows if this will work the QS I am currently using (kickstand switch on shift shaft) or if I have to get a sensor style QS? I didn't think TOBC actually did the flashing themselves but I could be wrong. Or who I could contact to find out. There is no information on the ECU itself aside from a TOBC etch on the side and factory sticker.

"2012 SUZUKI GSXR 1000 OEM GENUINE COMPUTER ECU CDI FLASHED RACE TRACK SETTINGS
    FLASHED AT TOBC RACING. REMOVED FROM A 2012 RACE BIKE OF THEIRS.
    FLASHED FOR FULL EXHAUST AND RACE SETTINGS. NOT 100% SURE ON SETTINGS.
    ECU WILL BE TAGGED. NOT FOR ROAD USE. "

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

When I worked there and we raced 2012 Suzuki 1000s, they were all EM Pro ECUs. They weren't flashed. Is it an EM Pro? If so, then your paddle shift switch will work.

3. YZROOSTINYA

I have an EMPRO currently. I will check the numbers on the ECU and see if it is stock or race kit.

4. YZROOSTINYA

it is a stock ECU from a 2015.

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Strange. TOBC went to Yamaha in 2015 (with the exception of Danny in the 200), and 2014 was the last year TOBC raced Suzukis in MotoAmerica, so I don't know what bike that ECU is from. All the 1000s I ever worked on there were EMPro with Bazzaz. I'm not saying anything is suspect, I'm just unsure of the origin of the ECU or who might have flashed it.

Since it's a stock ECU, your shift switch will work. Where you go to set timing and voltage is a mystery. Good luck.

6. YZROOSTINYA

Thank you. I will see how it goes. I was use the EMPro but nobody around here has a cable and can tune it for me.