1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Endurance Series cut down to 5 rounds?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by mperussault, Nov 2, 2011.

1. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Hell, if it were 6-8 hours we would have to dedicate an entire day to just endurance...

2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I too would be willing to pay higher entry fees if necessary to help with the economic viability of the program. I'd also like to do Miller next year if it's on the table. Was going to this year but things didn't work out due to work obligations.

3. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

George and I ran the Tally Endurance round last Spring. I did the first and third hour, George doing the second and fourth. I ran 53 laps one of the hours and 52 the other hour. I've ran four endurance rounds with George this year and the Tally round was, by far, the most grueling. It whooped my butt big time! I remember thinking 'i've felt better after running a 26 mile marathon'. Guess it was the short track and not enough time to relax the muscles between cornering. My upper body wore out so quickly that I just lay on the tank and never took my chest off of it, not even for braking. Next time I'll increase my amount of long distance running and go from a little weight lifting to a lot of weight lifting. During the other three endurance rounds, I rolled into the pits after my hour stint, got off the bike and was anxious for the chance to get right back out on the track if needed. Regardless of 4, 6 or 8 hour races... let's go! I'm ready :cool:

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Last year I did a private day at jennings and rode the equivalent of a solo 20 plus 20 mins... the landing gear (my legs) almost didnt come down when I came in from that 50 min session. :D
    My legs were like jello. I think a camel back would have helped me some... but defintely gave me alot of insight on what needs to be addressed fitness wise! :up:

5. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I like the Jennings track. Only been there once and was a lot of fun. Did a Solo 20 there also. Very physically demanding track due to all the short straights and many corners. About the time I'm waiting for the checkered flag to fly they threw out the grn/wht halfway mark flags :crackup:

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:stupid: For me, after the lst 30 mins and once I get past the initial feeling of 'oh shit, no way I can do this for 1:45 minutes', I go into a zone and become somewhat oblivious to any of my bodys' aches, tingling, or tightness.
    You become so focused on consistency, hitting every marker, holding your line, and catching the guy in front of you, that nothing else matters.
    I'm sure that's the way most endurance racers feel.

And the next thing ya know, gas light flashes and it's almost 2hrs. later and I'm pissed that I gotta pit.

I remember at Miller I came in, and I was still so excited that I couldn't wait to go back out. I actually came in yelling, 'can I go again, can I go again.'
    Like a little kid at the carnival not wanting to get off of a ride.

7. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

An eight hour isnt just burning up tires, there are alot of strategy that still needs to be played out. Esp if its half day and half night. The game changes when the sun falls into the night. And I'll bet teams would come from the woodworks to strap lights on their ride and dare high speeds in pitch black dark.

Saying that, and as we use to start the eight hr at Nelson around four oclock, Mongo, you could easily run sprints during the day to fill in the gap of time.

Sat.---- vintage races and endurance.
    sun.---- combined regional and nation sprints

I honestly think Tally would be a good place. Anyone???

8. alan

alan Well-Known Member

This years 6hr at Summit almost got turned into a 4hr when the teams were asked to vote. Only one team wanted to run the 6hr everyone else wanted to run 4hr.

9. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

thats not true. there where alot of teams wanting to keep it a 6 hr. and a number of teams that didnt care either way. Lance

10. alan

alan Well-Known Member

There was only one team at the riders meeting that raised their hand to keep it a 6hr. It was Roger Lyle's Motorcycle Excitement Team.

11. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

That's how I remember it too.
    A bunch of those guys raised their hands but they were all from the same team.

12. ghetto customs

I was in the trailer eating a PBJ when the vote went down, but I also raised my hand for it to be a 6hr...

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

You raised your hand in the trailer? :crackup:

14. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

my bad then, my understanding was more teams wanted to keep it 6hr. there was only ever one perfect man and He died on a cross. Lance

15. ghetto customs

I guess you could consider it a silent vote. :D

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

+1 on 6 hour races. I think 8 is too much and on a track I like with good weather 4 is not enough!