1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Endurance Series cut down to 5 rounds?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by mperussault, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't handle sponsorship stuff, Evelyne does. Best bet is to just call the office at 770-720-5010 and talk to her. The normal hours are 9:30-3 eastern. You can also email me with your info and I'll pass it on to her - [email protected]

2. d.shaffner

d.shaffner Ex Racer.. Or New Racer

New Forum Idea

Perhaps there should be a page dedicated to sponsors, and how to help sponsor wera.

The easier you make it to promote yourself as a sponsor, the better results you will get. Better for the racers, and your self.

Dan

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good idea.

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:stupid: We, Team Bluegrass, plan on coming back next year after sitting this year out.
    It's gonna be a smaller effort...no more 2 and sometime 3 team entries like we did VIR in '09, but the plan is to do 4 of the 5 rounds, excluding Miller.

Would love to go to Miller again, but just don't see that happening.

5. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Im with this dummy! :D
    The longer races seem to be more exciting and more of a team effort, thus more time for something to go wrong and the end result can change in a snap!
    Heck, skip practice and lets make it an 8hr :beer:

6. couch

couch Well-Known Member

I agree... make all of the races 6 or 8 hour... it opens up the field, as anything can happen in a longer race format, and gives more folks an opportunity to ride... which would make it more affordable and better attended.

7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

You endurance guys communicate way better than the sprint racers with similar topics. Good work.:beer:

8. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I'm not sure we need eight hour races - at some point it's just an exercise in burning up tires. A couple of six hour events would be good though.

9. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

+1 on some 6 hrs but not 8 hrs ... I don't want my rider tired & sore for the sprints the next day :D

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

uhhh...nevermind :D

11. punkadilly

You behave!! :p & *hugs* :D

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Like Joe said, 8hr races
    burn up tires. Six hour is perfect if you're only going to have 5 races in the series. You can have 4 riders do 90 minute stints each.
    If they are in shape, that's not difficult to recover from and sprint the following day.

13. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I said nothing. :Poke:

My pit manager on the other hand :D

90 minutes is only doable if you have a big tank. We are talking about it, but even then not sure we can get 90 minutes (not on a I-4 600, not sure on your 650). As it is right now on a stock tank we run out in right around 50 minutes plus or minus.

We Also only have three riders. So a six hour would be around 2 hour stints each, with maybe a short stint to finish the race.

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

With you stock tank it's even better.
    Three riders alternate 50 minutes stints, with the fastest finishing off.
    I planned on 3 riders doing the 8 Hours of Daytona with Moto ST.
    One of those riders had his head up his ass, so I parked him.
    He did the 1st stint.
    My other 2 finished the race alternating every 50 minutes.
    Both of them sprinted the following day, one raced 3 classes.
    Some endurance riders do not sprint, so getting the most seat time out
    of a weekend is important.

15. JBall

Remember, its called endurance racing, not "a bunch of guys sprint race the same bike" racing. Two hours per rider is about right but I've done a number of six hour races with just two riders, and an eight with three. And I'll never claim to have done much conditioning either.

I may skip a round of practice the next day, but 8 lap sprints really are not a big deal after you did a couple of hours the day before.

16. punkadilly

Yeah? well hell, if ya'll can do it -then he can do it ... its on! :D

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

2hrs per rider??? I was thinking the 200 was the most grueling "endurance" type race.
    Seems like a track like Tally with riders doing ~120 laps per "shift" requires an extreme amount of conditioning to endure that kinda riding.

18. JBall

Not two hours continuously... switch at the pit stops, about an hour or so at a time.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

ok... makes sense.. :up:

20. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

+1

I think the "other" series could potentially lose some teams because of their short format. Having a 3 hour race is fine, but for 3 guys going in on a team it shortens the experience. Going the 6-8 hour distance really makes it a challenge IMO.