1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 ZX10R Info Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedTechRacing, Dec 4, 2010.

1. motox

motox 164

Do you have any pics of the bike(s)?

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Really?

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

4. motox

motox 164

Of the engine teardown, I mean...

5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Future lap record holder at Blackhawk?

6. SpeedTechRacing

SpeedTechRacing Speed Tech Racing

I have many photos of the bike as we took off the bodywork. I'll have many more as the motors come apart.

Future record holder for sure. Can wait to saddle up on that thing.
    I missed the overall record by .002 when I was on my 600.

7. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

I look forward to pics also, if for nothing else than to look at ;) Maintaining the attention long enough to make it through a magazine article is a challenge when you're equipped as a male! Sounds pimp so far!

8. CP10R

CP10R Im here to party!!

that is great man, im sure that bike is a beast. Its cool to see how easy the new 10r (and many other bikes) are to work on and prep for racing. Id like to see some pics of the progress too!

9. SUPER K

SUPER K Run-off Tester

10. garth285

garth285 Active Member

great info bud keep it coming!!!

11. JDSDUC

JDSDUC Active Member

Subscribed. Good luck next season.

12. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

He seems a bit spastic too, can't hold his hands or head still the whole interview.

14. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Really seems to be a nice guy.

but mate, drink a beer, settle down.

15. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

nice work

16. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Good info, thanks! The normal Kawasaki colors, but posting the location is very helpful. I am looking forward to taking one of these apart and making it go fast.

17. alan

alan Well-Known Member

There were no codes or problems runing the bike without the servo? I know on some of the older Kawi's it required the race ecu or some other mod.

18. SpeedTechRacing

Yes it threw codes for both the secondary servo motor & the exhaust servo motor.

Didn't change the HP anywhere except at top end where the power dropped off.

Been kind of busy with paperwork at the shop so I haven't gotten to it at all much today.

I suppose I could load up some photos.....

We'll see how far I get.

Attack is 2 weeks out on having rearsets made for it.

I will have the first set of Armour Bodies for it as they are making a mold off my bodywork.

Clip-ons are 50mm.

Penske is working on a piggyback triple for it right now. Not sure on the finish date. Won't be too long.

Last rumor I heard was the Kawasaki Kit parts should be available first of the year.

Woodcraft should have engine covers & frame sliders available in a month.

19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see this at Blackhawk Farms when it gets rolling...April needs to come sooner...

That shock location looks like a major pain for serviceability though. Is the piggyback on the lower side of the unit itself?

20. SpeedTechRacing

Its just a matter of lifting the tank up which after you do it a couple times it should only take 1-2 minutes and the tank is up.

Then you can add or remove shims (available from Kawasaki as kit part) pretty quickly.

Yes they would have to put the piggy back on the lower end. There is a access hole in the frame for rebound adjustment.

Preload is pretty easy to get to.

Front fender is the same as the ZX6R front fender. My ZX6R fender bolted right up perfect.