1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 gsxr brake pad replacment

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jdwilliamson33, Apr 28, 2018.

1. jdwilliamson33

jdwilliamson33 Well-Known Member

okay guy I am having a hard time getting my old oem pads out to switch the EBC. Any tricks???

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You kinda have to press them in against the spring to slide them into the middle to pop them out. The OEM Brembo calipers have no pad pins, its just the tension from the springs that hold the pads in their little channels in the caliper.

3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Ugh. I switched to r6 calipers and havent looked back.

If you dont plan in racing or dont plan on doing superstock/supersport its a worth while upgrade.

Contact TWF/Zoran for spacers.

4. MurfSVR

MurfSVR Well-Known Member

They’re about the easiest out there to remove. You may have to push the pistons on one side further back than you do with cotter pin type calipers. Once you get the hang of it it’s seriously easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

09 GSXR 1000 monoblocks on my 06 thru 13 GSXR 600's/750's. They're not as noticeable/recognizeable as being the 'wrong' caliper and may slip thru protesting eyes. :)
    Not to mention, provide excellent stopping power and are lightweight.

6. Ducti89

Oooooh....sneaky......:blart::blart:

Need spacers or straight plug n play?

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Need spacers. I just bought some washers at the hardware store and drilled to the correct diameter.

Also....the 09-11 GSXR 1000 pads are the same as the 06-09 600/750/1000 pads. I've always had a few GSXR's at the same time, so it made it a bit more convenient.

These are '12 600 forks/wheel on an 07 750 and another '12 600. I ran the 09 1000 calipers on my 07 1000 and 06-09 600/750 as well.

gsxr caliper 1.JPG gsxr caliper.JPG

Ducti89 likes this.
  8. Ducti89

Good to know! Thanks Gap!

9. If your gonna cheat do it right and paint the spacers black :)